XXVI

It's fine, it's fine, everything is fiiiiiiine.
Also if anyone knows any pretty places to take pictures in online then please let me know!

Please feel free to leave a vote and/or comment, make sure to click that follow button for updates and as always, enjoy the chapter!

Harley's POV

The next week or so had passed by slowly, consisting of hunting, fishing and surviving. The large wound on my shin was healing nicely, forming a jagged scar. After passing out from the blood loss, Sterling had managed to deliver me to the saloon, where I was then brought up to a room. After having woken, I had a bath and allowed one of the women, Arielle, to scrub me. She informed me that I had been out cold for a couple days, and that she had been the one to check on me each day to change out my bandages. Since then, I had been limping my way around, working my ass off to earn some cash. Every once in a while, I would opt to rent a room rather than camp outside of the city in order to sleep in a comfortable bed.

The breeze blew my blonde locks around as I slung the corpse of a fox onto Sterling's back, the blood coating the shoulder of my blouse. I wrinkled my nose, mounting my stallion and riding back into the city. I had yet to run into Nyx and Kieran, concluding that we had probably headed different directions after being banished. Entering the city, I let out a sigh. Being on my own for the past week brought back memories from before I had become a bounty hunter. I was beginning to feel a bit lonely at this point. Sterling and I pulled up next to the general store and I hitched him, feeding him an apple before taking the load off his back and slinging it over my shoulder once again before heading into the building that housed the butcher.

"Hey Ralph." I greet, dropping the carcass onto the counter that he had just finished cleaning. Blood and guts splattered the wood, making the brunette groan in annoyance. "What? Not happy to see me?"

"No, I'm thrilled." He said sarcastically, taking the fox corpse and plopping a pouch of coins on the counter. I count them silently before giving the man a smirk.

"Thanks. Be seein' ya!" I call as I exit the building, walking over to Sterling. Just as I was about to mount the horse, I hear a loud bark from behind me. Glancing back, I am surprised to see the dog barking at me in particular. Was it because I smelt of fox guts? I went to proceed with climbing onto Sterling's back but received another bark. "What is it, boy?" I sigh, turning to the dog with an impatient expression. My brows furrowed as I study the dog, my brown eyes slowly squinting in confusion. He looked familiar... he was a husky of sorts, his fur looked dirty but he stuck his tongue out happily as he let out another bark. "Are you hungry?" I mumble, taking a piece of cooked rabbit from my bag and holding it out for him. The husky sniffed the food thoroughly before taking it between his teeth, munching on it quietly. A small smile graced my lips as I spun back to my silver steed. The dog yapped at me, launching forward and propping his front paws on my bad leg. I winced, glancing down at the furry animal. He looked up at me with dull, blue eyes, tilting his head as I stared at him. Sighing, I crouch down and pet his head softly.

"What's the matter?" I hum gently, chuckling as he closed his eyes in content. "You're a good boy, aren't you?" The husky licked my cheek in response, making me giggle. As my fingers wove through the fur along the dog's neck, I grasp a slip of paper that had been secured by a makeshift collar. I raise a brow, unfolding the paper and slowly scanning it.

Dear Harley,

I really hope this finds its way to you at some point. Kieran and I have set up a little camp in the Big Valley, but we'll probably be on the road again in a few days. No one from the gang has reached out, which probably means they still hate us... I think we're out of luck. Kieran and I have made some cash from hunting and fishing, you can probably guess who did which job. Anyway, I've given this letter to Orion and told him to find you. If you're reading this, its your turn to find us. We'll be here.