For those interested there's an alternate playlist at the beginning of the story for those who don't like country. Take a look! 💕

And of course,  feel free to leave a vote and/or comment and enjoy the chapter!

Nyx's POV

"Do you see them?" Charles asked, popping up from behind the log.

"Oh, I see them all right. They're locking lips!" I exclaim, my eyes glued to the scene. "Here, look!" I urge, shoving the binoculars into Charles' hand. He eagerly held them up, chuckling as the two figures made out in the middle of the road. "What'd you say to him, anyway?"

"That he should just go for it. Looks like he listened to me after all." Charles smiled, lowering the binoculars and stuffing them into Taima's saddlebag. "So, in celebration of our amazing matchmaking skills why don't we go for a journey?" He suggested, helping me up into the saddle. My eyes light up as I allow him to pull me up.

"Charles Smith, are you asking me on a date?" I tease, hugging his torso securely as we begin to trot away from the scene. He hummed in response, taking one hand off the reins and resting over mine.

"Maybe I am," He said with a playful tone. "I've got the perfect place too. You heard of Donner Falls by chance?" A grin broke out on my face as I envisioned the beautiful waterfalls that spilt over the mountains.

"Yeah, Harley almost fell off of it last time we were there." I chuckle. Charles snorted, glancing back at me.

"How is that even possible?"

"She was trying to dispose of a body and fell in. It's a long story, really." We laugh loudly about the story as we ride, our voices echoing through the trees. "Harley has a huge fear of swimming, well, more like of water in general, ever since—" I trailed off, not wanting to say anything further.

"Ever since?" Charles repeated, wondering what I was going to say.

"Nevermind, it's not really my place to say." I sigh, cursing myself for even bringing it up. Taima neighed softly, throwing her head back gently. Charles reached forward, petting her grey mane. I leaned to the side in order to watch the interaction. It was the moment I knew I was going to steal Taima from him at some point in time.

"Here we are!" The Native exclaimed happily, jumping out of the saddle to hitch Taima in the shade of a nearby tree. I hop down and murmur a 'thank you' to the horse, offering her a carrot. She munched gleefully as I wandered over to Charles, who has sat down in the grass. I take a seat next to him, finally looking out over the cliff. My breath hitched as my earthy brown eyes took in the beautiful scenery. I had forgotten how pretty Donner Falls is. A huge waterfall tumbled off the cliff side, split in half by a small rocky island that glistened from the gentle lapping waves. The water was a clear, sparkling blue shade, almost like an opal stone under the bright sunshine. "Pretty, isn't it?" Charles broke the silence, glancing at me with a small smile.

"Yeah, it is... And peaceful too." I answer, my gaze glued to where the waterfall meets the lake. The cool mist created a serene view of mini rainbows that faded in and out of existence. I tilt my head, examining the man next to me. He sat cross-legged, his elbows resting against his knees and his fists propping his head up. Charles' brown eyes twinkled with hints of copper streaks, drawing me in. He must've sensed me staring because a smirk flashed across his face.

"Enjoying the view, my love?" The raven-haired man teased, lowering one hand down to scoop up mine. He traced small, methodical circles on my skin, amplifying the calm atmosphere. I nod, shooting him a shy smile in response. Charles let out a chuckle, which was music to my ears, as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

"I wanna stay like this forever." I confess, resting my temple against his collarbone. The man squeezed my waist softly, his gaze trained on the landscape ahead.

"Nyx, I would like to ask you something." He said. My heart fluttered at the sound of my name rolling off his tongue. I lifted my head, staring at him with a brow raised. Charles sighed, biting his lip nervously. "I'd like you to be my girlfriend." He stated, closing his eyes anxiously. Not being able to contain myself, I propell my body into his, trapping him in a tight hug. We topple over sideways into the grass as his arms tighten around my waist. "So is this a yes?"

I press my lips against his, hoping it was enough of an answer for him. Our lips mold together with ease, taking my breath away immediately. The man's lips were soft and warm, which felt heavenly against my slightly chapped ones. Charles pulled away from a moment, resting his forehead against mine.

"You are so important to me." Blush rose to my cheeks at the statement. Our mouths connected once again, this time with more passion than before. I brought my hands up to his long locks, enjoying the smooth, silky strands that tickled my fingertips. Strong hands gripped my waist, holding me close. The breeze picked up around us, blowing leaves and flower petals into the air which rained down one us. I giggled against Charles' lips before pulling away, picking a leaf out of his hair. He beamed warmly, picking up a beautiful flower and sticking it behind my ear. We lied back down in the grass, cuddling up to each other as we watched the cloud pass by.

An hour or two had passed before we decided it was time to head home. Charles had paused to admire the scenery once more as I unhitched Taima from the tree she had been happily grazing under. I glanced over my shoulder before climbing into the saddle, smirking to myself as we began to slowly canter away from the distracted man. He finally turned to join me but realized Taima and I were wandering off without him.

"Hey, what about me?!" He called with a playful grin, chasing after us. I urged Taima on before doing a sharp turn, running circles around Charles as he spun in place.

"Come on, darling, what're you waiting for?" I laugh, motioning for him to get on. He pouts, causing me to slow down in order for the man to get on. As he approached the saddle, Taima and I scooted forward and stopped again. This repeated for a while until Charles got tired and I finally let him on.

"Come on, Taima. Let's go home!"