SEVEN

"you're in the mirror

but you're not seeing yourself

just seeing all the ways

you could be someone else."

Quinn was sleeping, quite peacefully actually

Quinn was sleeping, quite peacefully actually. when she got a call from stiles, and luckily he called her, because she was supposed to be at school in 10 minutes. "this better be good." she mumbled. "were you sleeping?" he asked and she nodded remembering he can't see her, "yes, now what do you want?" she asked, still half asleep.

"is anyone at home with you?" he asked, waking her up slightly. "no? why?" she sat up. "where's your mom? dad? brother? literally anyone." he continued.

"my moms at work and my brother and dad are at their hotel, now do you want me to keep talking about the absence of my family or do you want to tell me what's going on?" she was fully awake now and putting on clothes for the day. "i'll tell you at school, get here now." he ordered as she pulled out of her driveway.

"okay, but i have to go get clay, his car isn't here yet." she told him as she made her way to the hotel and stiles said okay and hung up as clay stumbled into her car.

"you're kidding? it's my first day, i didn't want to be late already." he glared at her as she sped down the road. "my bad. not like you have perfect attendance anyways." she rolled her eyes as she continued driving.

"new school. new me." he told her as she snorted. "right, and i'm the president of the united states."

〰️

"i love you more than-"

"did i just interrupt something? maybe i should come back later." Quinn began to turn around and walk away, not wanting to know what conversation Scott and stiles were having previously. "Quinn." she heard and rolled her eyes, turning back around as she took off clays leather jacket and sat by them.

"stiles was just-" "nope, i don't care, nor want to know, thanks though." she held a hand up to Scott's mouth.

"does anyone wanna fill me in or?" she looked at them expectedly. "so tell me about your boss." stiles ignored her, again as he turned to Scott.

"uh, he thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of, uh, records of all the things they've hunted. like a book." Scott explained to his friend, starting to feel bad that Quinn was always out of the loop of everything. "he probably means a bestiary." stiles snapped his finger.

"a what?" " a bestiary." stiles repeated as Scott laughed at him. "i think you mean bestiality." Scott corrected, and Quinn had no idea what either of those words meant.

"nope pretty sure i don't, it's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures." stiles argued. "how am i the only one who doesn't seem to know anything about this stuff?" Scott asked and Quinn scoffed. "excuse you, I don't even know what's going on half the time." she spoke up, the two boys glancing at her, ignoring her. again.

"yeah, real good, ignore me. again." she mumbled before standing up abruptly, walking away quickly and not looking back. someone had to give her a little bit of credit here, half the time people ignored her and what she had to say, and left her out of everything, and she still went along with everyone and what they did. and at some point, if they kept this up, she wasn't going to do that anymore.

〰️

"i hate lacrosse." clay spoke the same words she did not too long ago. "me too, but it's the schools thing, plus, you'll make some friends." Quinn shrugged and shivered as they walked onto the bleachers at the game.

the game went on, nothing really happening, other than a few players getting hurt, per usual. and Scott who nearly broke his leg, but of course using his werewolf abilities, he was fine.

"hey, i'll uh, meet you in the car." Quinn told clay when she saw Lydia sitting in her car, crying. "what? what are you talking about?" he asked and she shook her head. "i'll be 10 minutes, tops." she told him, throwing him her keys and plopping into Lydia's passenger seat of her car, startling Lydia.

"hey." she spoke softly. "hey."

"what's wrong?" Quinn tilted her head, trying to understand. but, she didn't know half of what was going on anymore, so she doubted she could figure it out.

"just everything. Jackson, my mom bugging me about my grades, and-" "okay, i'm sorry but, forget Jackson. i know you love him and everything but honestly? don't go chasing after him when you're the catch. and your mom? you have a 4.0 gpa you're gonna be fine."

"you know? i understand why they talk so highly of you now. thank you, Quinn." Lydia smiled lightly at her friend. "who talks highly of me?"

"Quinn, i'm sorry, but we have to go, moms calling." Clay showed up at the window, remembering Lydia from the soccer game.

"okay, bye Lyd, i'll see you tomorrow." Quinn sent her a small smile and hopped out of her car.