ELEVEN

"Don't ever let a guy

make you feel like you're ugly

because you're beautiful without him."

"if Jackson doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know that someone's controlling him

"if Jackson doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know that someone's controlling him." Allison told Scott and Stiles through the phone.

"or he doesn't remember." Scott bantered. "what if it's the same kind of thing that happened with Lydia when she took off in the hospital?" Stiles asked.

"a fugue state?" Quinn wondered from next to Allison. "he'd have to forget everything... the murder." Scott started.

"getting rid of the blood." Allison continued, "but he had help with one thing... the video. and someone else helped him forget that." Stiles added on as they all thought.

"whoever's controlling him." Quinn concluded. "are you sure Jackson has no clue about any of this?" Allison asked and gave Quinn a worried look.

"he thinks he's still becoming a werewolf and that being with Lydia somehow delayed the whole thing." Stiles' voice cane over the phone again. "so do we try to convince him he's not?" she asked.

"if it helps us find out who's controlling him, then yeah." Scott said, "do you think he'll talk to us after what we did?" Allison asked.

"yeah, it's us he'll talk to us right?" Stiles said reassuringly, but Quinn disagreed. "if i were as confused and scared as him, no."

〰️

"so i was thinking," Clay leaned on Quinn's doorframe. she looked up from studying, something she rarely had time for anymore.

"that's never good." she replied and looked back down at her history work. "very funny, anyways. i was thinking since you're actually home for once, we could go get ice cream or something. you know, like we used to." he sat at the end of her bed and she smiled and shut her book.

"aw do you miss me?" she smirked and he rolled his eyes, throwing his keys up in the air and catching them. "let's go." he sung out and she hopped up, following him out the door and into his car.

once they got there, she recognized the girl at the window immediately. "hi! aspen, right?" she asked and the girl nodded. "yeah, hi Quinn, and...?" she looked at clay who introduced himself.

"i didn't know you worked here." Quinn made small talk seeing there was no one else waiting. "today's my first day actually, kinda nervous." she whispered the last part and Clay chuckled.

"don't be. can i get a cone of strawberry and a cone of chocolate." she handed her the money and they waited for the ice cream.