FOUR

"you only live once

but if you do it right

once is enough."

"hey, sorry, harris just let me out of detention

"hey, sorry, harris just let me out of detention. literally. and he had my phone the whole fricken time" he rambled, he was on the phone with someone but she wasn't sure who. her bet was either Scott or Allison. maybe even Derek.

"wait, what guy?" stiles asked

"stiles! hello, wanna fill me in now?" Quinn asked but he ignored her. she was getting tired of everyone ignoring her all the time.

"they're sending him to the station for issac." stiles concluded.

"what was it?" Quinn's friend continued on the phone, while she made herself busy leaning on the side of his jeep.

"what is it?" Quinn asked when stiles got a message. the two of them looked at what Quinn remembered to be wolfsbane. she wasn't exactly sure what was going on, as not many people kept her updated anymore, but she knew it wasn't good.

"it means they're gonna kill him." stiles told Allison through the phone before tapping Quinn on the arm and gesturing towards his car and the two of them hopped into stiles jeep as he drove off.

〰️

"hey, did you slow him down?" stiles asked as he called Allison once again.

"all right well, uh, we're headed to the station right now." stiles told her.

"yeah, yeah, Quinn's with me."  Quinn zoned out after that, looking out the passenger side window as stiles continued his conversation. she didn't understand, like the most of her friends, why Derek decided turning Issac into a werewolf was a good idea.

no, Issac didn't have the best life. she figured that out after seeing him with bruises on his face. everyone knew his dad was an asshole but no one ever said anything when he came to school with a new bruise. she felt something buzz in her lap, looking down she saw Lydia's contact name come up. how was she supposed to get out of this one?

"hey, Lydia, uh, what's up?" Quinn made sure stiles didn't say anything she wasn't supposed to know.

what's up? i'm bored, and everyone seems to be MIA tonight and i want to go get my nails done.

"well, i have no idea where everyone is, but i can't. i'm with my mom tonight, but even if i weren't busy tonight, i'm not much one for getting my nails done." Quinn chuckled nervously, she felt bad the girl was in the dark in all of this.

ugh fine, bye. Lydia hung up making Quinn sigh and stiles glanced at her.

"i don't like it either." he spoke.

"hm?"

"i don't like keeping her in the dark either. you know, keeping secrets from her and such. she deserves to know." stiles continued, glancing back to where he was driving to.

"yeah, but it's different." Quinn told him.

"what's different?"

"the way you and I look at Lydia." Quinn continued, not glancing at her friend.

"is it?"

〰️

"okay, now the keys to every cell are in a password protected lockbox in my father office. the problem is getting past the front desk." stiles told the two of them. on the way to the police office they somehow managed to pick up Derek, obviously booting Quinn to the back seat. against her protests of course.

"i'll distract her." Derek stated simply and Quinn rose an eyebrow.

"distract her? how?" she questioned, not understanding his tactics.

"I was exonerated." Derek replied to stiles looks.

"you're still a person of interest." stiles argued.

"an innocent person." Derek corrected.

"you? yeah, right! okay, fine, what's your plan?" stiles asked Derek and Quinn was getting tired of this argument already.

"to distract her." He told stiles as it was obvious, glancing back at Quinn.

"uh-huh. how? by punching her in the face? uh." stiles wasn't giving in.

"heh, like by talking to her." Derek said, and she started to catch onto what he was saying.

"okay, alright, give me a sample. what are you gonna open with?" Derek continued to just stare at stiles. "dead silence. that should work beautifully. got any other ideas? Quinn? any ideas?" stiles looked back at her.

"i'm thinking about punching you in the face." Derek looked at stiles and Quinn making her shiver. "not me though right? just- just him?" and the three of them walked into the office and Derek walked up to the front desk, charming the lady.

"that clever dude." Quinn smirked, clicking her tongue. she couldn't blame the lady, Derek was-

"quit day dreaming, we have things to do." stiles rolled his as when he saw her smirking, grabbing her arm and sneaking around. finding his way to the locked box. "oh no" stiles mumbled realizing his dad was probably heading their way.

"we gotta go." stiles spoke, grabbing Quinn's arm and rushing out, only to bump into another officer.

"woah, uh, we were just looking for um-" the three of them looked down at the same time, and the officer grabbed both Quinn and stiles, having no trouble to pull them along with a hand covering their mouths.

Quinn strangled and kicked her feet as much as possible, feeling useless in this situation once again. luckily stiles was smart and pulled the fire alarm, but not too far from when the man pulled them into another room and threw them on the floor as they all sat there for a moment. Quinn wondered where Derek was.

then, Isaac came out of nowhere, taking the man and throwing him against the wall. it wasn't the wolf she was looking for, but it would do. they fought for a minute, mostly Issac winning as predicted, when Derek decided to show up and stepped on exactly was Issac wanted making him angry.

Issac snarled at stiles and Quinn who were against a wall, but before Issac could even get anywhere near them. Derek growled, making Issac back down and wimpier in a corner. Quinn wasn't sure how Derek did that, but she did know she was thankful.

"how did you do that?" Quinn asked, standing up. "i'm the alpha." he replied looking at the humans.

after stiles dad and a few other officers got there, Quinn figured they had some father-son issues to work out and asked an officer to take her home.

if she were being completely honest, she was sick and tired of always feeling useless. all she ever did was sit there, and not be able to help her friends. she needed to do something to change that.