TWELEVE

"Because life is not easy,

I'm not made out of steel,

don't forget that I'm human,

don't forget that I'm real"

"Matt?" Scott whispered to the boy in line

"what?" he whispered back, "how much are tickets?" Scott asked, still whispering. "$75." he replied and Scott an Quinn looked at each other with wide eyes.

"can i borrow some money?" Scott asked and Quinn slapped her forehead, there was no way this man would give him 75 dollars.

"yeah, how much?" he asked, "$75." Scott replied, Matt shook his head giving them a look and turned back around.

Quinn rolled her eyes and grabbed Scott by the arm, tugging him to her car- or clays car that he let her borrow.

"it was worth a try." Scott tried to defend himself. "yeah, okay." Quinn rolled her eyes as she drove to the clinic.

their backup plan was Derek, Quinn's idea of course, Scott wasn't to fond of it but it was their last resort. the only reason Quinn was even with Scott, was because of the deal she made with Allison.

they didn't exactly know what a scratch from a kanima did, it hadn't exactly happen before. so Quinn somehow convinced them that she would be doing no good laying in bed if the scratch wasn't effecting her.

"let me see it." Scott piped up from the passenger seat and Quinn rolled her eyes, holding out her left forearm for Scott to look at.

"i'll have deaton look at it." he told her, still examining it, but he couldn't get a good look at it as it was dark. "Scott it's-"

"nope, you know the deal." he cut her off as she parked in the parking lot. "yeah and the deal with Allison is if i feel-"

"i'm not talking about the one with you an Allison, i'm talking about me. if it looks to bad i'm calling Clay and he's picking you up. no exceptions." he told her, unlocking the door and walking inside.

she rolled her eyes and started after him, though she stoped her self, feeling a bit dizzy. she regained her composure and followed Scott into the building.

"Scott tells me you got scratched." deaton greeted and she glared at Scott who didn't look guilty at all. "yeah but it's no big deal."

"maybe. but i'll look at it anyways." he held his hand out, and she sighed, giving him the infected arm. Scott went to greet Derek as deaton hummed.

"don't hum, that makes me nervous." she told him and he shook his head. "its venom is supposed to be paralytic, you were supposed to get paralyzed. but your scratch seems to be spreading." he replied and her eyes widened.

"what do you mean spreading?" she asked, and before deaton could reply a familiar voice rang throughout the room.

"now where's the get? is he going to help us or not." they stood by the doorframe, Quinn was shocked to see Isaac with him.

"that depends. your friend jackson, are we planning to kill him or save him?" he asked.

"kill him." "save him." Derek and Scott spoke at the same time, making Quinn raise her eyebrows.

"save him." he repeated, the two boys looked at each other before Derek gave up and Scott reassured deaton again. 

they stood at a table and deaton grabbed out bottles with things inside,looking at each of them.

"so, what are you? some kind of witch?" Isaac learned on the table, asking deaton. "no. i'm a veterinarian." he replied.

"unfortunately i don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin." he told them all, and Quinn zoned out.

she swore she could hear her own heart beating, and the more she tried to listen to it, the faster it got, blocking out all noises around her. she looked around as everyone talked, she watched their lips move, but couldn't hear a thing.

she was only broken out of her trance when the three wolves, and even deaton were looking at her with confusion on their faces.

"what's wrong with her?" Issac asked, looking at the sweat on her forehead. Quinn watched deaton and Scott look at each other before Scott began talking.

"the kanima, it scratched her." he told them and their confusion seemed to only grow.

"well that doesn't make any sense, she should've been paralyzed at least all day." Derek stood up straighter. "that's not the only thing." deaton said, catching their attention.

"not only did it not paralyze her. it's spreading." he continued and Issacs eyes widened.

"like, through her blood?" he asked and deaton nodded, "unfortunately none of us have any idea of what's going on. we're completely out of the loop as to what's happening to her."