EIGHT

"and everyones got

so much to say"

"good morning, Quinn right?" a boy Quinn had never talked to before, nor seen, sat next to her

"good morning, Quinn right?" a boy Quinn had never talked to before, nor seen, sat next to her. "depends on who's asking." she tapped her pen against her desk.

"sorry, where are my manners? i'm Isaac." he introduced himself and she nodded, not recognizing the name from Scott or anyone on the list of 'who to and who not to talk to'. though now that she thought about it, she didn't have to listen to them.

"so are you new here? i know i've only been here about a year but i don't think i've seen you around anywhere." she attempted to make conversation as they waited for the class to end, completely unaware that Scott was seated behind them with his eyes practically bulging out of his head.

"not exactly." he smirked, wondering to himself why Scott or Stiles had not informed their so called "friend." of his whereabouts. "oh well, you seem nice Isaac, maybe i'll see you around." she smiled warmly and he nodded as the class started.

〰️

"Quinn! what the hell?!" the twins of terror chased after her after class, she said goodbye to Issac whom she was still speaking to and turned around unfazed.

"what?" she asked glancing between them, "why were you talking to Issac? what did you say?" Stiles spoke in a hushed tone and she nodded her head understandingly.

"oh i get it, is he a bad guy? do i need to stay away from him? is that what you're going to tell me?" she asked and stiles hesitated before nodding and earning a slap on the chest from Scott. "what about instead you tell me about the kanima? oh right, because why would we ever tell Quinn anything?" Quinn rambled, checking the time before her next class started.

the two boys remained silent, odd for two boys who had quite a lot to say. so she nodded and clicked her tongue and walked away, her next two classes being with Allison.

"i'm sorry but your boyfriend and his dog are this close to bringing out old Quinn, and they don't wanna meet old Quinn!" Quinn spoke in third person angrily, holding her fingers up to show how close they were once she sat in her seat next to her friend.

"what now?" Allison looked up and asked, "you know i can't believe they didn't tell me that there was a kanima running around and i had to hear it from jackson of all people." Quinn rambled.

"you have every right to be mad about that, but in their defense-" "in their defense! how am i in the wrong, once again?" Quinn cut Allison off, looking at the look on her face she allowed her to continue.

"in their defense, you were always around Lydia or I, they never had the chance to." Allison tried to defend the boys, "you know, usually id make part of it my fault, if not the whole situation, but this time i can't even blame that on myself, they had time to call you didn't they? they had time to call Derek? one phone call isn't that hard Allison." she sighed, and Allison was at a loss for words, for her friend was right.

〰️

they walked silently to class, Lydia being her usual partner and scott being Allison's, they were confused to find both scott and stiles sitting next to her. Scott gestured to the back and gave them their answers.

"Einstein once said, 'two things are infinite: the universe and human  stupidity; and i'm not sure about the universe." their teacher started class, "i myself have encountered infinite stupidity. so to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. let's see if two heads are indeed better than one. or in Mr. Stilinski's case, less than one." Stiles mouth hung open.

"Erica, take the first station, you'll start with-" he was interrupted with half the class raising their hands and Quinn scoffed, she wasn't even drop dead gorgeous. 

"i wasn't asking for volunteers, put your hormonal little hands down. start with Mr. McCall. alright next two.." he assigned partners, Quinn ending up with some kid she didn't know the name of.

for the next few rounds, she didn't end up with any of her friends, and the crystal ended up be editable, to which she let her partner eat, she did not want to eat that thing.

Lydia took the crystal from Issac, but before she could eat it Scott shot up and yelled for her not to eat it. she saw Scott looking out the window and looked out as well, finding Derek standing there, ready for whatever was to happen. 

〰️

"okay first of all, what the hell is your guys' problem with Issac and Erica, and why was Derek standing outside of the school?" Quinn frantically thought out loud as the four of them stood in the locker room.

"Issac and Erica are with Derek, who's trying to kill Lydia." Scott have her answers and filled her in for once and she nodded. "okay, Issacs out." which made her sad, he seemed like a nice boy.

"it's not her." Stiles reassured that Lydia was not the kanima, "stiles, she didn't past the test man, nothing happened." Scott argued sadly.

"no, if can't be her." Stiles nearly whispered, "it doesn't matter because Derek thinks it's her-" "did any of you actually see this thing?" Quinn asked and stiles nodded.

"after the lacrosse game." he replied and she shook her head, "that's not possible, i was with Lydia after the lacrosse game, if you were with the kanima at the same time, then it's not her." Quinn explained and his face brightened slightly.

"either we can convince him that he's wrong or we've got to figure out a way to protect her." Allison said.

"we could tell her everything? and i mean everything, that's one way we can protect her." Quinn suggested and Scott shook his head, "there's not enough time." and she sighed.

"well, i don't really think he's gonna do anything here, not at school." Scott continued, "what about after school? what if we can prove that Derek's wrong? you said you were with her when stiles and Derek saw the kanima, that's enough right?" Allison asked and this time Stiles shook his head.

"like he would believe her." "there might be something in the bestiary." Allison tried.

"what? the 900 page book in pig latin that none of us can read?" Stiles asked and Quinn remembered her brother learning pig latin in the seventh grade, maybe he could. but then again, she didn't want to drag him into this mess.

"i can talk to Derek, maybe convince him it's not her, but if anything happens, you guys let me handle it, okay?" Scott looked at the three of them.

"what does that mean?" Allison asked, "it means you can't handle it like i do." Allison have him a look. "i just don't want you getting hurt." Allison started rummaging through her bag, eventually pulling out an arrow.

"i can protect myself." Quinn almost squealed from how proud of Allison she was, she owed Allison an ice cream or something for looking so bad ass.

anyways go read my new book !