TEN

"all monsters

are human."

Quinn was very, very, very tired

Quinn was very, very, very tired. Danny had called in the middle of the night- or midnight, claiming that no one would answer their phone and he wanted to go to some club, and she happened to be his last choice.

since everything that has happened since she moved here, her body had gotten used to random calls in the middle of the night, and naturally woken up to them- incase of emergencies of someone dying and such.

"okay, first of all, you reek of Armani- like too much, and second, what type of club is this?" Quinn asked once she had woken up fully.

"first, i smell better than you, and second,  its a bar i always go to, don't worry." he smiled hopefully as they pulled up and stood in line.

"why are there only guys here? i mean, typically- oh my god you brought me to a gay club." Quinn realized and glared at Danny who smiled, and hoped she didn't punch him.

luckily for him though, she got a call before she could. "hey clay! what's up pal?" she paced, hoping he wouldn't get her in trouble like he always did.

wanna tell me where you went at midnight? i'm guessing from the loud music i can hear, a club.

"right so, funny story- i'll do your conditioning for you for a week please." she begged, watching as it was almost their turn to get in.

deal. he hung up without another word, her brother hated conditioning more than anything.

"come on," Danny urged. instantly she was greeted with blasting music to where she could barley hear anything, and alcohol within the air. not to mention the male strippers- but that part she didn't mind.

she and Danny lost each other somewhere in the crowd, and now she was in the middle of gay men dancing on each other. she- somehow, made her way to the outside of the dance-mosh- pit.

she looked around, trying to find Danny, and just ended up calling stiles instead to come pick her up, but to her dismay- he didn't answer making her groan. she contemplated walking, but with the kanima running around, she figured that wasn't a good idea, so she settled on going outside to sit.

unfortunately, she heard screaming, lots of screaming, and not the usual gang had been going on all night, but the kind of scream that was in fear. her natural instinct was to get the hell out, but considering the current events, she made her way to the middle, finding Danny and a couple of other men lying on the ground.

"jesus Danny." she rushed down to him, looking at him and checking his pulse. "Quinn? what the hell are you doing here?" she looked up and saw Scott.

"shouldn't i be asking the same thing?" she asked him and stood up. "look i don't have much time, i need to make sure Jackson doesn't hurt anyone else, find stiles okay?" i'll call you if i find him first." and with that Scott ran the opposite direction, and Quinn was off finding stiles of all people.

she searched, and searched, and searched, before getting a text from Scott saying they were in his jeep and to meet them there asap, and so she did.

〰️

Quinn had been ignoring Clay for the past 12 hours, and planned on doing it for the next 56. so she did anything with anyone after school to not be around clay, and that's why she found herself at the hospital to meet Scott while Stiles and Allison kept Jackson hostage. she ignored her mother's area of the hospital, only to run into Scott and his mom having a confrontation.

"what was that about?" she asked as Scott made his way towards her and he shook his head. "mom things." he replied and she nodded, not knowing he was struggling in school.

"where are we going anyways?" she asked from Scott's handle bars of his bike, but he didn't need to respond as they made their way to Danny's car.

"i've broken so many laws since i moved here." Quinn mumbled as she watched him open the trunk of Danny's car.

"what?" Quinn asked as Scott slammed the trunk closed, "Jackson stole the tablet."

〰️

"if Jackson doesn't remember being the kanima, he's definitely not gonna remember stealing Danny's tablet." Scott said as Quinn, Stiles, and Allison walked away from the van.

"why would he steal the thing if he doesn't even know what's on it?" stiles asked, "what if someone else took it?" Allison questioned, leading Quinn to another question.

"then someone else knows who he is." stiles replied, "which means someone could be protecting him." Scott realized.

"what if the kanima and Jackson have two different consensus? what if the kanima knew what was on it, because it remembered the camera?" Quinn asked.

"maybe, that would explain why it went after Danny." Allison agreed.

"there's something else, you said the only thing you found online about the kanima is that it goes after murderers. what if that's actually true?" Scott wondered, "well, no, it can't be, it tried to kill us remember? i don't know about you three but i didn't murder anyone lately." Stiles debunked.

"no, it went after Danny remember? Danny's not a murderer." Quinn agreed with Stiles. "i don't think if was actually trying to kill us. remember when we were at issacs for the first time, it just went by us didn't it?" Scott ignored Quinn and Allison agreed.