Love Flight

"This is the final boarding call for passenger Arthit Rojnapat on the flight to Tokyo city. Please proceed to gate 3 immediately. I repeat. This is the final boarding call for Arthit Rojnapat. Thank you."

A man rushed inside the plane. He gave an apologetic smile to everyone and took a seat next to me. Huffing and puffing, he closed his eyes and sank a bit more in his seat while I took this moment to appreciate the redness spread on his cheeks.

I coughed in embarrassment and turned to look out of the window beside me. 

"Damn it Kongpob, stop staring at a stranger like this. It is creepy." I tried to pep talk myself but almost involuntary, my eyes still took a few more glances towards him. 

"Is he always this red? He looks so adora-" My thoughts abruptly stopped as a hand grazed my arm and I felt a little weight on my shoulder as he placed his head there, spreading its warmth. Wait....

I touched his forehead and then shook him lightly. "Khun, you are burning with fever. Did you take any medicine?"

He just shook his head, his eyelids drooping with fatigue.

I caressed his cute, sleepy face with my eyes before calling an air-hostess.

"How may I help you, sir?"

"This passenger here seems to be having high fever. Can you do something about it?" I asked, pointing at Arthit.

"I am sorry for the inconvenience. We will ask him to shift to a separate seat so that the fever doesn't spread," The air-hostess said.

"NO!" I shouted without giving it a second thought. "Uh... you don't have to shift him. I meant, do you have some fever medicines or maybe we can take him to some infirmary."

"Oh. I am sorry but we cannot have emergency landings due to fevers nor do we have medicines for fever. The only thing we can do is to take him to a hospital if the patient is still unwell after landing in Tokyo."

"Nevermind. Can you please just get me a glass of water and a bowl of tap water?" I asked.

"Sure, sir."

I kept the glass and bowl on my fold-in desk before getting up and fetching some medicines and a handkerchief from my luggage.

Arthit was still sleeping so I decide to give him the medicines after he wakes up. For the time being, I wrapped a blanket around him and placed the handkerchief on his forehead after soaking it with the water from the bowl. As soon as the handkerchief touched his forehead, he jerked awake, looking around in a daze.

"Uh... I am sorry. I didn't think you would wake up with this because of your fever," I said.

He was just looking at me, still with the dazed looked, so I continued, " Here, I had some medicines for fever with me. You can have them."

He gave me a pretty smile as he interpreted my words. "Khop khun khap."

I nodded and passed him the glass of water with the medicines. I turned and stared out of the window to diffuse the awkwardness.

"I am Arthit."

I faced him and smiled. "I am Kongpob."

"How old are you, khun Kongpob? If you don't mind me asking..." Arthit let his words trail in the end. Awkward but SO CUTE!!

"26, you?"

"23," He said.

"So young. No wonder you look so cute."

His red cheeks darkened and an unconscious pout made its way on his lips as he said, "Hoi P'! You make it sound like you have already reached your old age. You are only three years older."

"Can I call you 'P'Kong'?" Arthit asked with a sudden hesitation as if he was afraid of it being something offensive.

"Yes, but only if you let me call you 'Oon'," I said. I took this chance to give him a name that would remind him of me and only me.

"Huh? Why do you want to call me 'Oon'? It isn't even a shortened version of my name."

"Because It reminds me of your warmth."

"Okay. You can call me Oon but promise me that you will not tell this to anyone else. This should be our secret. I don't want others to know that I have such a cute nickname." 

Arthit looked so freaking adorable as he said that with a pout. A smile was fixed on my face as I thought of how this is going to be OUR SECRET, our little secret.

However, my smile was replaced with worry as I saw how he was still red with fever. "By the way, how could you decide to take an eight-hour flight with a high fever? You should be resting at home," I said.

A tired sigh escaped his lips as he said, " Actually, I got fever because of work. I had to do so much work this week that I didn't even have time to eat or sleep properly. On top of it, at the moment also, I'm  headed to Tokyo for a business meeting."

"Au, if that's the case then you should rest now. We still have 7 hours left before landing in Tokyo. Sleep now, so that you'll be well rested for your meeting." I pulled him closer and made him place his head on my shoulder. I froze as soon as I realized my actions and then retracted my hands from him.

He moved away and looked at me with a raised eyebrow and a cheeky smile, questioning less and teasing me more for my random action.

Embarrassed, I turned completely towards the window, staring outside at nothing in particular. I didn't look back even when his heartwarming laughter filled my ears.

A few moments later, I felt a familiar warmth on my shoulder. "Thank you so much, P'Kong. I will rest well and get well soon," Arthit whispered. Not even a minute passed before I felt his breathing calm down. He must be tired.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Haneda International Airport. Local time is 5:30 pm and the temperature is 20° Celsius. On behalf of Thailand Airlines and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip. We are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice stay."

Arthit and I walked to the taxi stand side by side. I wanted to prolong this encounter. Even if it wasn't love at first sight, I wanted it to be something that last longer, forever preferably.

"Take care of yourself. The fever is gone, now doesn't mean you over work yourself again," I said.

"Khap, P'," He said. He flagged down a taxi and was going to sit inside when I held his wrist and stopped him.

"Uh... before you go, can I have your line id? I wish to keep in touch," I said.

He nodded with a smile and motioned for me to give my phone. He gave my phone back and sat in the taxi. "Bye, P'Kong," He said as the taxi took off.

I looked at my phone to see he had saved his phone number and sent a line friend request to himself. I also received a notification saying he accepted my request and added me in his friend list.

Now or never, Kongpob. Now or never. It will be very awkward if I ask him later and there are chances that he will forget about me. So, I took a deep breath and sent him a message.

since we both are in japan, how about meeting for a coffee?

"Yayy!!!" I yelled and jumped, throwing my fist up in the air in victory. The action earned me quite a few odd glances but nothing mattered when I read the reply.

Okay :)

[A/N] What do you think?

If you guys liked it then please leave a like and comment. I would love to hear your opinions.

Criticisms and suggestions in regard to improve my writing are welcomed.