"I can't let you leave until you give me a reason." He pushes you further.

You shake your head. "Just trust me. There's a good reason for me to leave."

"What's the reason?" He asks again.

"Peter-"

"You can't just leave! What about Rocket and Groot and Gamora and Drax? What about me? Did you think we would just let you leave?" His voice raises a bit as tears gather in his eyes.

You swallow hard and sigh. "I did something bad that I promised I would never do ever again." You admit, but not fully.

"What?" He takes a step closer.

"Nothing." You go to turn around, but he tugs you back.

"What is it?"

"Nothing."

"(Y/n), tell me!"

"No! Why does it matter!?" You finally shout at him.

"Why does it matter?" He asks in disbelief. "Because I love you!" He gives off a pained smile and doesn't stay another word.

You swear you feel your heart beat faster as time seems to slow down. It's not true, tell me I've been lied to. Tears fall down his cheeks as he puts his hands on your shoulders. Cryin' isn't like you. Why do you have to leave like this? What the hell did I do? You started this when you and Peter bonded over stories from your past and ended up helping a lot. After that, he knew more about you and ended up in a place to where he could see right through you. Never been the type to let someone see right through.

You shake your head. He can't be saying that! Not now, not ever! That makes all of this so much harder because you know that he'll be in pain while you're gone.

  "Maybe won't you take it back? Say-say you were trying to make me laugh! And- and nothing has to change today." You beg as your tears blend in with the rain. "You didn't mean to say 'I love you'." You try to make him take it back because maybe he's saying it to make sure you don't leave.

  He shakes his head and brings himself closer to you. His face is only inches away from yours. "I love you, (y/n)." The two of you look into each other's eyes again for wonderful minutes. "You can't say that you don't love me too." His hand cups your cheek as he wipes away the mixture of rain and tears from your eyes with his thumbs.

  You lean in to his hand and close your eyes. With a sigh you say, "I love you...and I don't want to."

    Up all night on another red-eye. One night you were in your room crying so hard that your eyes hurt. It was because you had learned that your father who was on earth had died and you missed the funeral. That's when Peter came in and held you in his arms as you cried and that was the first time you let him hold you. That was the start.

    You wish we never learned to fly. You along with Peter knew that there was an unspoken thing between the two of you and soon enough, it became spoken. He told you that he had strong feelings for you and in your own way, you said it back. The two of you didn't want those feelings though and you knew that it didn't matter.

  You put your hands on Peter's chest as more tears fall along with the rain. "Maybe we should just try to tell ourselves a good lie." You say softly as you look up at him. This time his tears fall instead of yours. Didn't mean to make you cry. How could either of you let this happen? How could you two fall for each other like this? You've made him cry from this.

    You're wishing he would just say maybe won't you take it back? Say you were trying to make me laugh and nothing has to change. You didn't mean to say 'I love you'.

  "Tell me that you love me again, (y/n). Please? Before you go." His face gets closer as tears flood your eyes and his.

  "I love you...and I don't want to." You say once more, adding in the last part so he knows how much this is hurting you to go.

  Before you can fall further into the black hole of emotions, you break away from him and walk away as fast as you can. You wipe your own tears as you hurry. But, Peter isn't giving up the easily.

  "(Y/n), wait! Let me take you somewhere before you leave for good! Please?" He says as he catches up to you.

  You stop and take in a breath. One last moment with Peter wouldn't be awful and it may even help you forget...or it could make sure you remember.

  "Okay." You give in.

   You and the Guardians are on a mission in New York, not too far from Central Park, which is where Peter takes you. You two are sitting under a tree as you look at the beautiful fountain with bright colored lights. No words are being spoken. Just a beautiful silence with each other's company.  

   The smile you gave me even when you felt like dyin'. As Peter admitted his feelings to you, he looked like he wanted to die from his true words. You could tell that he was scared and he did it anyway. He really means it.

   You look up at Peter as silent tears escape his eyes. He must be thinking about your exodus from the Guardians and from his grasp. The sun is setting, causing it to get dark. You start crying too as you throw yourself on his chest. He wraps his arms around you.

  "I'm sorry, Peter. I just can't be hurt again. I-I can't-" you hold on to him as if someone is threatening to snatch him away from your arms.

  "I'd never hurt you, sweetheart. Never." He whispers so his voice doesn't crack.

  The rain stopped, but you two are still soaked and neither of you care. We fall apart as it gets dark. I'm in your arms at Central Park. Who knew Peter would take you here? Such a beautiful sight and maybe the perfect place to convince you to stay.

   "I never want anything bad to happen to you. I love you too damn much to ever hurt you. I've held it in for so long and I can't not do anything about it. I love you and I want to." He holds you closer as your dry face gets pushed against his hard chest and wet shirt.

  "There's Nothing you could do or say, I can't escape the way I love you...I don't want to...But I love you." You say as Peter looks down at you. You can't help yourself. You have to steal a kiss from him.

   You move yourself to where you can reach his lips and you gingerly press yours to his. They're soft and warm. This is everything that you e ever wanted, but you can't have it. You know nothing good will come from it. You break away before you convince yourself to stay. You've never stood up so quickly in your life.

   "Goodbye, Peter." With that, you leave, never looking back. Part of that is because you don't want him to see how many more tears have slipped past your eyes. You don't want him to see your hand across your mouth as you hold back sobs as you hurry away from him.

  This time, he lets you go. He knows he can't stop you. Your heart is aching for him. You just want to turn around and go running back, throwing your arms and legs around him as you crash your lips into his....