Chapter 17

After spending two weeks on their honeymoon relaxing on a beach in the Caribbean, Beca and Chloe would be back home now. Chloe would stir a little in bed rolling over to open her eyes and notice that Beca wasn't there. She'd look around the room curiously, smirking at their clothes spread out across the floor from after they got back home last night. As Chloe would roll over to check the time to see it was 8:30, she'd feel a wave of nausea come over her.

Chloe would slap a hand over her mouth as she'd run into the en-suite bathroom of their bedroom, lifting the toilet lid and emptying her insides. She'd quickly clean her teeth and rinse her mouth out with water after, before looking in the mirror. Realising why she may have just thrown up she'd excitedly run back into the room to grab a pregnancy test from her bag, "Oh my god", she'd bite on her lip running back into the bathroom.

Finding the actual 'peeing on a stick' part easier than she thought, Chloe was now sat on the edge of the bathtub watching the countdown she had going on her phone. Playing with her fingers she'd try and stay calm as she'd watch the seconds counting down before she could look at the test.

"Chlo?", she'd hear Beca call her name from back in their bedroom. Leaving her phone and test on the side, she'd walk back in to be met with a tray of breakfast waiting for her on the bed. Beca would turn around from looking out of the window, smiling at the redhead.

"What's all this?", Chloe would sit down on the bed looking over all the food, momentarily forgetting about the test in the bathroom.

"Thought I would bring my wife breakfast in bed", Beca would walk over to sit next to Chloe now on the bed.

"I love you", Chloe would lean over kissing her wife softly.

"While you eat that, I'm going to jump in the shower quickly before we go over to your parents", she'd get off the bed again walking over to the bathroom now.

Chloe would start to eat the pastries that had been brought up alongside a plate of scrambled eggs, bacon and french toast. Moaning in delight as she'd bite into the food, she'd giggle and smile before looking around for her phone, wanting to take a picture of the spread.

"Chloe?", Beca would ask cautiously as she'd open up the en-suite door to look over at Chloe again.

"Yeah babe?", Chloe would snap her head round, her face dropping instantly as she'd see Beca holding up the pregnancy test she had left on the side.

"W-What's going on?", Beca would stutter nervously as she'd watch Chloe stand up now.

"I threw up this morning and just thought I'd take a test to see if it meant anything", she'd chew her lip, trying to hold in the anticipation of not knowing what the test says. "What does it say?", she'd ask.

"You mean you haven't looked at it yet?", Beca's eyes would go wide as she'd glance at the test again she was holding.

"Well you came in with the food while I was waiting for it", Chloe would try and read her wife's facial expression. "Just tell me what it says Becs"

"You're pregnant", she'd watch her wife jump up and down excitedly before running over and jumping into her arms. Beca would catch Chloe, supporting her legs which caused her to then drop the test so it'd fall on the floor.

"Can you believe this?", Chloe would laugh a little, wrapping her arms around Beca's neck as she'd lean down to pepper her face with kisses.

"No I can't", Beca would sigh a little as she'd drop Chloe down gently to her feet. "Chlo I-"

"What's wrong? Why are not excited?", Chloe would hold Beca's hands now as she'd look into the marine's eyes.

"I need to tell you something", she'd take a deep breath before leading Chloe to sit down on the bed, Beca kneeling in front of her still holding her hands.