Chapter 8

It's Saturday morning and Beca would be walking into the house after finishing her run with Jackson. She'd would smile down at their engagement photo by the door as she'd take out her earphones. She'd be breathing heavily, her skin glistening with sweat as she'd walk through the house. "Chlo, you in?", she'd look into each room as she'd hear the redhead giggling with someone.

"In the garden Becs", Chloe would call out to her from the back porch. Beca would open the door, letting Jackson run in front of her before she'd then step outside. The small smile on her face would disappear as she'd see Chloe sat with Joe, both smiling. "How was your run baby?", Chloe would walk over to her, pecking her lips lightly.

"Uhm.. yeah it was good", Beca would smile a little at Chloe m. She'd look over at Joe who would be smirking and shaking his head back at her, "What is he doing here?", she'd mumble quietly.

"He was on the neighbourhood and thought he'd come in to say hi", Chloe would smile back at her. "Go and take and shower and then come and join us", she'd kiss her on the cheek before walking back to sit opposite Joe.

"Nice to see you again Beca", he'd fake a smile as he'd hold his hand up to greet her.

Beca would nod her head at him before turning to go inside and have a shower. After washing and changing into some jeans and a t shirt, Beca would make her way back downstairs to find Chloe in the kitchen making some lunch.

"Hey", Chloe would smile as she'd look over her shoulder at the marine.

"Hey, you okay?", Beca would be looking around for Joe to find him gone. She'd pat the top of Jackson's head as she'd walk past him to stand next to Chloe with her back leaning against the kitchen counter. "Where's Joe?"

"Oh, he said he had to go somewhere. You just missed him leave", she'd continue to cut up some tomatoes.

"Oh, shame", Beca would roll her eyes before glancing down at the floor. "I don't know if I feel comfortable with you being friends with him", she'd look back up at Chloe who would stop chopping now.

"And why is that?", Chloe would bite on the inside of her cheek, raising her eyebrow at Beca who'd have her arms crossed.

"Cause the guy is like.. in love with you or something", Beca would raise her shoulders up as she'd try to find the right way to explain it.

"Don't be silly", Chloe would roll her eyes now shaking her head.

"Come on, how do you not see it. The way he looks at you and talks to you", Beca would turn to fully face Chloe now. "Don't get me started on the death glares and comments he makes to me when you're not looking"

"I think you're just being paranoid Becs. Me and Joe are just friends"

"That's bullshit", she'd throw her hands in the air walking away from her now.

"Don't walk away from this Beca", Chloe would put the knife down turning around to watch Beca. "Do you not trust me?"

"Of course I do.. it's him I don't trust", Beca would run a hand through her hair before leaning forward against the breakfast bar.

"Look, even if he does like me in that way it doesn't mean I'll fall for it and leave you", Chloe would walk over now slowly.

"I can't lose you Chloe.. I just can't.. Not after what happened when-", Beca would cut herself off, avoiding eye contact with her fiancé as she'd hold back the tears.

"Not after what, baby?", Chloe would take Beca's hands now. "Talk to me", she'd put her hand on Beca's cheek turning her face so she was looking at her. "I'm right here Beca, I've got you okay?", she'd whisper.