Chapter 5

Beca would whistle to herself as she'd open the front door, letting Jackson run inside before closing it behind her. She'd hang her jacket up and would put her keys in the bowl kept by the front door next to a photo of Beca proposing to Chloe. Walking into the kitchen she'd smile as she'd see Chloe sat up at the breakfast bar.

"Hey beautiful", Beca would whisper as she'd lean in to kiss Chloe on the cheek lightly before moving past her to feed Jackson.

"Hey, how was your walk?", she'd turn on her stool to face Beca now.

"Yeah it was good, Jax got some good exercise in", Beca would turn back around smiling after scratching Jackson's ear as he'd start to eat the food poured into a bowl for him. "You wanna help me with my workout?", she'd wink while pushing Chloe's legs apart to then stand between them. Beca would rest her hands on the surface behind Chloe, smiling again now as she'd watch Chloe put one hand on her shoulder. Just as Beca would lean in to close the small gap between them, she'd stop as Chloe would hold a leaflet up in front of her face.

"Before that I wanna show you something", Chloe would push Beca back now a little so she could speak to her properly.

"So I was speaking to a friend at school who's brother was in the army and he went through the same thing as you when he first got home with the nightmares and stuff", Chloe would begin as she'd watch Beca walk over to the fridge.

"I thought I said I didn't want to talk about this", Beca would grip onto the door handle of the fridge, opening it to take out a drink.

"No I know but she recommended this place-"

"Chloe... stop", Beca would sip from the can now as she'd turn to face Chloe again who was still holding up the leaflet.

"Beca, I'm just trying to help... this therapist comes highly rated and-"

"Chlo, I said stop", she'd grip harder around the can in her hand, trying to control her anger now.

"Why don't you just give it a try-"

"Just shut up!", Beca would shout as she'd bang the can down on the kitchen side next to her, spilling it everywhere. She'd make Jackson jump who'd stop drinking his water and would instead turn his head to look up at Beca. Taking a deep breath with her eyes closed Beca would immediately regret shouting. She'd open her eyes again to see Chloe placing the leaflet down on top of the breakfast bar, sniffling as she'd try to hold back the tears.

"My parents will be here for dinner soon", she'd avoid looking over at Beca, "I'm going to go and freshen up quickly", Chloe would now walk out of the small kitchen quickly.

Calmed down now Beca would watch Chloe walk straight past her. "Chlo I-", she'd go to speak to her but Chloe would ignore her fully as she'd start to head upstairs towards their bedroom. Beca would sigh looking down at the kitchen side, noticing the mess she had made, and would move to clean it up.

Just as she'd finish drying her hands a knock at the door would be heard. Beca would walk out of the kitchen to be met with Chloe who was doing a final makeup check in the mirror by the front door. "Hey, I'm sor-", she'd move to stand next to her now by the door.

"Let's just get through this dinner without my parents thinking we're arguing", Chloe would interrupt her still avoiding looking at Beca. Forcing a smile now she'd open the front door, before Beca could reply, to welcome in her parents.

"There they are", Helen would smile as she'd walk in, giving Chloe a hug straight away before moving over to do the same to Beca.

"Sorry you had to wait on the front porch", Chloe would smile as she'd go on her tiptoes to hug her Dad.