Chapter 11

Beca would wake up the next morning on Jesse's couch downstairs. She'd rub her eyes before opening them to see Sarah stood in front of her, staring at her. "Hey kid", Beca would sit up now as she'd feel a pain in her back from sleeping uncomfortably.

"What are you doing?", Sarah would be smiling at her, climbing onto the seat next to her.

"I uh.. I-"

"Beca lost her keys to her house last night so she stayed here instead", Jesse would walk in now handing Beca a cup of coffee.

"Thanks Jess, for letting me stay last night", she'd smile before taking a sip of her coffee.

"But wouldn't Aunt Chloe let you in even if you've lost your keys?", Sarah would ask again loudly.

"You are too smart for your own good munchkin", Beca would put her coffee down on the table in front of her before moving to tickle Sarah. She'd smile as she'd watch the young girl laugh and try to escape.

"Not that I don't want you here Beca, but maybe you should go home and uh.. Find your keys?", Jesse would smile as he'd hug Sarah now who was sat on her lap after running away from Beca.

"Yeah I probably should go home", Beca would sigh before standing up, brushing herself down as Aubrey would now walk in. She'd smile at Jesse and Sarah before turning to look at Aubrey who'd have a sympathetic look on her face as she'd watch the marine walk past her. "Have you heard anything?"

Aubrey would shake her head before pulling Beca in for a hug, "Think positive", she'd rub her back soothingly before pulling away and opening the door.

"Thanks again guys", she'd smile at Aubrey and Jesse who had joined his wide at the door now. She'd walk down the path and would start her 15 minute walk to the bowling place where her car was still parked from last night, before then driving home to see Chloe.

...

Beca would unlock the front door, putting her keys in the bowl by the door and hanging up her jacket before being jumped on by Jackson who had come bounding from the back room. "Hey buddy", Beca would rub his fur and press her head to his as she'd be licked and jumped on by him. She'd laugh a little before pushing him away and standing up to see Chloe stood in the doorway of the kitchen with her arms crossed. Beca would try and fail at reading her expression, normally she would be able to know exactly what the redhead was thinking but after last night's events she didn't know what to say.

"Where did you stay last night?", Chloe would ask her while looking down at the floor, trying to avoid eye contact with the marine.

"Uh.. I stayed on the couch at Jesse's", she'd notice Chloe nod her head slightly while pulling her lips into form a straight line, trying to hide any emotion. "I'll just grab some stuff and probably go and stay at Emily's", she'd walk off slowly going past Chloe who'd stay silent as she'd now make her way upstairs and into their bedroom.

Chloe would follow her upstairs, watching her pack her army bag with clothes and other necessities. Chloe would gulp as she'd try and keep her emotions down and stop herself from crying, after doing enough of that last night when she got home. "Do you want to talk?", she'd mumble quietly but loud enough for Beca to look over at her from the chest of drawers.

Beca would lean her hands against the top of the drawers as she'd sigh and look over at Chloe who'd still try and avoid her. "What does this mean for us?", Beca would ask watching Chloe quickly look around the room, blinking fast as she'd try and hold back the tears.

"I-I don't know", she'd cross her arms again, chewing on her bottom lip now.

"Do you want to break up with me?", Beca would put her hands in her pockets now as she'd take a step closer to Chloe.