Chapter 4

Beca would be walking towards a deserted town. Alongside her would be her team which would include Jesse, a couple of other guys named Lewis and Owen and another girl, Charlie. "Mitchell, take yourself and Swanson to the wall surrounding the town", Beca's superior Commander Luke Campbell ordered through the radio.

"Yes sir", Beca would glance over at Jesse next to her before nodding her head and pointing two fingers together in a forward direction.

"I need you both to sweep the place and make sure it's safe before all the teams move in", Commander Campbell would explain while watching them from afar.

Beca and Jesse would both make their way towards the abandoned town, all the while they would be constantly looking around themselves. As Beca would look forward again while moving closer she'd notice something move from the corner of her eye. Raising a closed fist as a signal, her and Jesse would stop, keeping their fingers rested on the triggers of their guns.

She'd squint her eyes as she'd keep her focus on the broken window where she thought she saw movement. All of a sudden an enemy soldier would come into view shooting in the direction of the two marines.

"Get down! Find cover now!", Beca would shout as she'd dive to the floor. She'd crawl her way towards an overturned truck while speaking into her radio. "We've got enemy fire coming from inside the immediate town border. It must be an ambush...", she'd peek her head over the top to see a whole group of Iraqi soldiers firing bullets at them still. "...there's around 20-30 of them, we need immediate support"

Beca would look over in Jesse's direction to see him staring right back at her. She'd point a thumb over her shoulder to show the team moving in to support. Looking back at her he'd nod his head before both of them would move to fight back.

"Hey Mitchell, I hope you saved a few for me", Owen would move to sit beside her smirking to himself. Beca would kneel back down behind the cover next to him, shaking her head as she'd look over at her teammate.

"Only you Andrews would make jokes in a time like this", she'd smile before looking down to reload and check her gun.

"Cover me, I'm gonna get a closer position on these sons of bitches", he'd go to move before being stopped by Beca putting putting her hand on his arm.

"You sure that's a good idea?"

"Yeah, I can trust you to cover me right?", he'd wink at her before laughing a little again.

"I've got you dude", she'd wait for him to move before moving herself to get into position. Resting against the overturned truck she'd shoot in the direction of enemy soldiers she could see that were aiming at Owen. She'd watch body after body fall to the floor as her bullets would connect with them.

"Beca?", she'd hear Chloe's voice out of nowhere. Looking around to see if she could spot the redhead. She'd see nothing but her own team taking cover under enemy fire.

"Andrews, what the fuck are you doing?!", Luke would shout over the team radio causing Beca to turn back around to see Owen moving from his cover to get closer. Out of the corner of her eye again she'd see an Iraqi soldier aiming his gun at Owen. Before she could pull on her own trigger as she'd bring her gun up, she'd see Owen fall to the floor after receiving bullets from several soldiers.

"No!", Beca would sit upright in bed covered in sweat and feeling panicked as she'd look around the room she was in. She'd shake her head trying to leave the memory and get back to the reality she was in.

"Becs?", Chloe would place her hand on her fiance's shoulder, instantly retracting it as Beca would jump and stare at her.

"Chlo?", Beca would whisper looking back down at the bed sheets still trying to get a grasp on what was real and what wasn't.

"I'm here baby", Chloe would move closer as she'd reach out slowly to put her hands on either side of Beca's face.

"I-I'm sorry for waking you up", the marine would stutter looking up into the redhead's sky blue eyes.

"Sssh it's okay", Chloe would smile while shaking her head. "What do you need?", she'd look all over the brunette still worried about her. "I've got you", she'd rest her hand on top of Beca's now.

"I've got you dude", Beca would hear her own final words she had spoken to Owen repeat over in her head. Shaking her head again Beca would spring out of bed, grabbing a jumper and pair of shoes before walking out of the bedroom, "I'm going for a run"

"Becs wait-", Chloe would go to move to get out of bed to stop her but would sit still in bed as she'd hear the front door slam shut from downstairs. Looking over at the clock sat on the bedside table she'd read the time; 4:21am. Reaching for her phone she'd instantly send a message to Jesse not caring what the time was:

Beca has run off somewhere
after having a nightmare
Me, 4:22am

Chloe would hold her phone, grabbing her dressing gown and slipping on her slippers before heading downstairs. She'd sit up at the breakfast bar, nursing a cup of coffee as she'd be worried thinking about Beca.

Almost an hour and a half later the front door would open and Beca would walk in. She'd kick her shoes off and would go to head upstairs but would stop in her tracks as she'd see Chloe through the open door sat at the breakfast bar still. "You're still up?", she'd rub the back of her neck nervously as she'd walk in slowly towards her.

"Are you kidding? You had a nightmare and then ran out of the house without talking to me", Chloe would furrow her eyebrows out of frustration but would try to stay calm.

"I know I know but I'm fine now, okay?"

"No it's not okay Beca. There is something going on with you and I'm worried about-"

"I don't want to talk about this right now Chlo alright", Beca would interrupt her before turning around to walk away.

"Where are you going?", Chloe would follow her stopping at the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm going to take a shower", she'd shout back before disappearing into their en-suite bathroom.

...

The rest of the morning the engaged couple wouldn't talk much keeping their distance from one another. Chloe would be sat in the living room reading a magazine as Beca would walk in and sit next to her. She'd put her arm on the back of the sofa as she'd turn to face Chloe, who was still looking down at the magazine. "I'm sorry"

Chloe would glance up slightly in front of her as she'd close her magazine before looking over at Beca. "Me too, I shouldn't have yelled at you when you came home". She'd run a hand through her hair then dropping it back down in her lap, sighing.

"Hey, I never should have run off like that from you", Beca would shake her head moving closer again now resting her hand on Chloe's thigh.

"Do I need to be worried about you Beca?", Chloe would look up connecting her eyes with the marine who'd stare back at her taking a deep breath.

"I'm fine babe, okay?", she'd force a smile trying to ease Chloe's concerns.

"Do you wanna talk about what happened? About the nightmare you had? Or the part where you smashed a glass yesterday when you're Dad brought up you being away?", Chloe would ask quietly.

"I-I can't", Beca would stutter as she'd shut her eyes feeling panicky again.

"Okay, okay", Chloe would put a hand softly on Beca's cheek, "Hey I'm right here. You aren't there anymore, you are home baby with me"

Taking a deep breath Beca would open her eyes to see her beautiful fiance smiling back at her trying to hide the same worried look in her eyes. "Can we get out of the house together?", she'd ask as she'd grab hold of Chloe's hand from her face.

"Well I did actually arrange to go and see our wedding venue before you surprised me with coming home early", she'd smile wider now as she'd talk about their wedding.

"Then let's go", Beca would smile back at her as she'd now stand up pulling Chloe with her.