Chapter 7

Beca would be leaning against the open front door, glancing over at the cab driver putting a thumbs up before looking back in the house. "Chlo, you ready? The cab's here!", she'd shout up the stairs while looking down at her watch to see the time.

"Well, you only gave me half an hour to get ready Mitchell!", Chloe would shout back down to her as she'd slip on her other heel, now making her way out of the bedroom.

"It's just a stupid dinner", Beca would mumble as she'd hear the heels clicking against the floorboards. She'd watch Chloe as the redhead would now make her way down the stairs in a long emerald green dress paired with black heels, her hair up in a perfectly messy bun and just enough makeup to show off her features.

"It is not a stupid dinner", Chloe would point her purse in the direction of the marine who'd smirk back at her. "You are getting a promotion", Chloe would quickly glance at herself in the mirror before standing closely in front of Beca. "Plus all of your superiors will be there so we need to look presentable", she'd tighten and tidy Beca's tie before pecking the brunette on the cheek.

"Yeah, yeah", Beca would grab Chloe's hand now leading her out of the house and closing the door behind them both. "Let's just get this over with so I can take this stupid monkey suit off", she'd laugh as she'd then help her fiance into the cab, holding open the door for her.

"Well I for one think you look very smart", she'd brush off a piece of dust from Beca's shoulder before leaning in closely to whisper in her ear, "and incredibly sexy". She'd nibble on the marine's earlobe sending a shiver down Beca's spine before bending down to get into the cab.

...

As soon as Beca and Chloe arrived to the presentation dinner they were led straight to their table, where they met up with Jesse and Aubrey. "Hey Captain", Jesse would smirk standing up now to shake Beca's hand. He'd move to hug Chloe next to her before sitting back down followed by the couple.

"Hey everyone", Beca would smile at the two of them before nodding her heads at the other couples sat around the table.

"Are you nervous?", Aubrey would smile over at her.

"Uhm..", Beca would look around the room, glancing over at Chloe as she'd feel her move her hand to rest on the redhead's knee. "Nope, I'm all good", she'd wink at Chloe before leaning in to peck her lips softly.

"I'm proud of you baby", Chloe would whisper.

"I love you", Beca would kiss her again quickly as the presentation would now start.

Chloe, Jesse and Aubrey would all cheer and applaud along with the rest of the room as the presentations would be handed out to the soldiers on the night. They'd stand up as they'd watch the young brunette walk on to the stage, shake hands with the Colonel before waiting as a medal was placed next to the others pinned to her uniform.

After the dinner, music started to play as most of the people would now start to drink and dance on the small dance floor situated in front of the stage. Beca would walk back over to Chloe holding two drinks for them both, she'd smile as she'd watch her fiance sway gently to the music.

"Mitchell!", Beca would turn around to see Luke walking towards her. "Or should I say Captain Mitchell now?", he'd smirk as he'd shake her hand, squeezing it.

"I like the sound of that", Chloe would mumble before taking a sip of her drink and smiling.

"Thanks Commander", she'd smile at him before putting her hand on the small of Chloe's back. "This is my fiance Chloe Beale"

"Soon to be Chloe Mitchell", she'd shake Luke's hand, smiling brightly.

"I like the sound of that", Beca would mumble before winking at Chloe and moving her hand smoothly down Chloe's dress to squeeze her ass.