Chapter 2

As Chloe would walk through the door of her and Beca's shared house, she'd drop her keys in the small bowl by the front door. "Jackson, buddy you home?", she'd call out as she'd take off her coat, hanging it up on the coat rack.

Hearing the sound of his paws hitting the stairs as he'd run down it, Chloe would smile as she'd watch the german shepherd dog run towards her with a smile on his face and his tail wagging behind him. "Hey boy", she'd kneel down to hug him and say hello, receiving several licks to the face and hand in return.

Chloe would walk into the kitchen, filling up Jackson's bowl with food and topping up his water bowl so he could have something to eat. She'd watch him for a second before glancing up towards the fridge where she'd see the picture of her and Beca held by a magnet against the door. She'd smile as she'd remember the day looking at the picture of her in Beca's arms with her legs wrapped around her waist from Beca's first return home from deployment. She'd walk over and would kiss two fingers before placing them on the picture, mumbling to herself, "Nearly there baby".

She'd open the fridge now taking out ingredients as she'd start to prepare dinner for her, Aubrey and Sarah who came round every Friday for dinner. When Beca and Jesse are both deployed on service Chloe and Aubrey always make sure to have dinner with each other every time they can. Chloe tries to never have dinner or spend evenings by herself to keep her mind off of her fiance fighting in another country.

Half an hour later, Chloe would be sat in front of the TV flicking through the channels with Jackson cuddled up beside her. She'd be stroking his fur as she'd watch the TV, waiting for dinner to be ready and for Aubrey to arrive with Sarah. As her alarm would go off on her phone for dinner, a knock at the door would be heard shortly followed by Jackson barking and jumping up to greet the guests.

Chloe would open the door, holding onto Jackson's collar so that he wouldn't run off into the street she'd welcome the two in. Leaving Sarah to play with Jackson in the living room, Aubrey would help Chloe set the table. "How was work today?", Aubrey would ask her while placing plates down on the table.

"It was good, the children had letters to read and then reply to", Chloe would be carrying the spaghetti bolognese out to put on the table. "Sarah got a little upset when the others were reading their letters, but we crossed another day off on the calendar and she seemed fine", she'd mumble quietly to Aubrey who'd look up giving her full attention when it came to her daughter.

"Yeah she'd been getting upset at home a bit more recently, I think it's cause it's getting to the point where he's almost home so she doesn't want to be let down", Aubrey would smile over at Chloe.

"Just three more days Bree", she'd put her hand on top of Aubrey's before returning back to the kitchen to pour some drinks for everyone.

"Sarah, dinner's ready sweetie", Aubrey would call for her daughter as she'd take her place at the table. Chloe would walk in placing two drinks down at the table before taking Jackson into the kitchen so he wouldn't distract them trying to take the food from them. She'd walk back in with her own drink and would finally sit down at the table.

Throughout dinner the three of them would enjoy each other's company, telling stories and sharing jokes with one another as they'd eat their dinner. Afterwards, Chloe and Aubrey would be sat in the living room chatting still while Sarah went and played with Jackson out in the garden.

"Okay so I have some news", Aubrey would sit up straighter now as she'd smile over at Chloe who'd now turn to face her fully.

"Oooh what?", she'd giggle a little as she'd wait for Aubrey to answer her. In the background she could hear Jackson barking loudly, more than usual but would ignore him to listen to Aubrey.

"Me and Jesse are going to try for another baby when he gets home", she'd bite her lip holding Chloe's hands as she'd reach out, feeling excited.

"Oh my god, Bree that's amazing", she'd pull her best friend in for a hug. She'd still hear Jackson barking in the background even more now before hearing Sarah shout.

"Daddy!"

The two girls would pull away staring into each other's eyes as they'd process what Sarah just shouted from the garden. They'd both jump from the sofa and would run out to the back garden which led onto the street through a small gate. As they'd reach the garden they'd see Sarah crying and holding onto her Dad as he'd pick her up hugging her close. Aubrey would run over, her hand covering her mouth as she'd be shocked but thankful that her husband was home.

Chloe would then turn her head to see Jackson jumping all over her fiance who was smiling and laughing at him while stroking and hugging him. Their eyes would connect as Beca would stand and look over at her. "Surprise", she'd smirk as she'd watch Chloe run towards her with tears running down her face. She'd catch the redhead as she'd jump into her arms, wrapping herself around her crying.

Pulling away slightly Chloe would grab onto Beca's face pulling her in for a passionate kiss, laughing against her lips as she'd try to stop crying. Beca would wipe the tears from her cheek with one hand as she'd let her down back onto her feet still holding her close by her waist as she'd rest her forehead against Chloe's. "Oh god I missed you", she'd close her eyes as she'd dip her head to kiss her again.

"I can't believe you're actually home", Chloe would wrap her arms around the brunette's neck looking over her uniform and noticing her bag on the floor next to her. "I thought it wasn't for another couple of days", she'd shake her head laughing as she'd feel Jackson trying to nudge his way in between the two of them.

"It got moved up and I thought I'd surprise you", Beca would smile glancing down at Jackson again as she'd let go of Chloe to run her hand through his fur again.

"Auntie Beca!", Sarah would run over now as she'd wriggle out of Jesse's arms to give her a hug.

Chloe would laugh still wiping the tears from her face as she'd watch Beca hug and tickle the young girl making her laugh and smile even more. She'd look over to see Jesse and Aubrey walking in their direction, she'd open her arms as Jesse would give her a hug. "Nice to see you too Jesse"

"You too Chloe, I looked after your marine for you", he'd snigger as he'd pull away automatically putting his arm back around Aubrey's waist who'd also be wiping the tears from her face.

She'd smirk as she'd link her arm through Beca's now who'd be holding Sarah against her hip. "Thank you, I need her in once piece for the wedding", she'd bite her lip smiling at Beca now who'd wink back at her.