93-Someone New

Começar do início

"Sure." Jacinda smiled, for the first time during the conversation. "You're married, right?" A bright smiled formed in Jaanvi's lips. She was waiting for this topic to wake up. She nodded once, twice, thrice, not being able to handle the excitement she felt at the mention of Kiaan.

It's strange. Jaanvi thought. With Jacinda she felt like she could be herself. Again. More than surprised she was a little annoyed, she should feel this way with Kiaan or her best friend over text. But she didn't feel anything near being comfortable. "You seem happy. What's his name? Tell me about him." Dr Jacinda chuckled seeing Jaanvi's excitement and a blush creeped on the married women's cheeks.

"My husband, Kiaan, he's---" she paused. Her eyes became soft, softer than they were when she was with Kiaan. It felt so different but she already liked the idea of sharing her problems and about her private life with a stranger. Perhaps because she won't be judged by anyone. Well, Jacinda doesn't know Jaanvi personally, which Kiaan's wife likes. Maybe if Dr knew me she'd be bias towards me. And Jaanvi wanted help from a stranger. Maybe how Jacinda would never show up to her door step pleased her. Whatever she says over here would most likely stay between the two ladies.

Jaanvi gave a shook to her head, smiling lovingly, "He's the best." She chipped, looking down at her lap. After yesterday's conversation-though he wasn't happy with abortion but he tried to explain his point of view to her with a calm behaviour. Jaanvi wouldn't accept this but she was prepared to --hide the dark red hand print on her cheek but he didn't raise his hand. She felt light chested. He did understand where she was coming from and how she felt, that's why he suggested her to see a therapist.

Her eyes glittered with love. "Our marriage was an arranged. We hated each other, well, we thought we did. I thought I did. I've always been a loner. Alone, quiet around new people and less friends. I only have one best friend, Aditi, is her name. She's been a big help throughout my journey. And then there was Kiaan and his younger brother Dhruv. Our parents were college friends so they use to come around often." Jaanvi explained, looking at Jacinda right into her eyes, moving her fingers around to explain the depth of her relationship with her husband and his family.

This reminded her, I miss Aditi. She realised how talking about Aditi made her feel so happy, she didn't felt like that couple of days ago. She doubted her friendship with Aditi. And now, it was different. I should call her after this. She noted to herself.

Seeing the sudden relaxed Jaanvi and noticing the full attention, she knew Mrs Rajput was interested in this topic. I just need to twist the words somehow. She thought, writing down everything Jaanvi said. Her eyes flicked up every now and then to show her manners and attention to her speaker, Jaanvi.

"Kiaan, my husband, he always annoyed me. Did stupid pranks, it pissed me off but I loved it. It made me smile. I didn't share my problems with him when I was young but I knew he's there for me, even if it means I hate him. Or thought I did. His every prank made me realise that I could laugh, like others. From playing with each other since childhood to teasing each other in our teenage years."