Deaf Reader x Levi

A little back story to this oneshot....i am currently taking ASL in college and i have been wanting to do a oneshot like this for a while now, i don't see much of these kind of oneshots and wanted to do something unique. I am Hard of hearing as well so this oneshot has a special place in my heart as i will really relate to the reader in this oneshot. Anyway i hope you guys enjoy!!

Hanji bounces very excitedly as she runs to Erwin's office to tell him the very exciting news. It was very important to let him know the good news. Hanji's happy and excited aura was worrying everyone since they knew that when Hanji gets like this it usually means that she will be conducting her Titan experiments. 

Hanji quickly makes her way into the office not bothering to knock. "ERWIN!!!!!!" she yells making Erwin raise an eyebrow. Levi and Mike are both in the office and stare Hanji down with a raised eyebrow. 

"What is the meaning of this Hanji?" Erwin says while crossing his arms across his chest.

Hanji waves a letter in her hand as she screams out "Y/N is coming back!!!" she yells as she bounces on her heel. 

Erwin and Mikes eyes widen as they stare at Hanji, Levi however looks at Hanji confused.

"Who the hell is Y/N?" he asks as Mike replies.

"She was a cadet that trained with us way back then, she unfountantly left due to some circumstances. She left before you arrived actually." Mike states as he smirks.  

"When did she say she would arrive Hanji?" Erwin quickly asks making Levi stare at him with an eyebrow raised.

"She didn't say, said it was a surprise." She squeaks.

Mikes smirks as he watches Erwin's eyes sparkle with excitement. "Hanji it seems like your not the only one excited to see Y/N." 

"Yahooo i can't wait to see her i'm going to look for her right now and see if she showed up today!!!" Hanji screams as she runs out before anyone can stop her.

"Well i guess we all will all keep watch in case she shows up." Mike says and walks away from Erwin's office.

Levi stares at Ewrin as he goes back to sit down in his chair to continue his paperwork.

"So i'm guessing this Y/N is someone important to all of you?" Levi asks making Erwin look up for a moment.

"Yes we all known her for years she tends to come by once in a while when we have free days." He states making Levi raise and eyebrow.

"I have never seen anyone wondering the halls on our days off." He says making Erwin chuckle.

"She tends to stick with Hanji most of the time but does come to me and Mike when Hanji gets too crazy with her. Why you haven't seem her wondering the halls is because she never steps a foot near your office." He replies making Levi nod and walk towards the door.

"Oh and Levi if you do happen to see an unfamiliar face please don't frighten her or yell at her." Erwin says making Levi scoff in annoyance. 

~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*

You walk the halls smiling as you make your way to Hanji's  office to surprise her. You slowly open the door and peak inside closing one eye preparing for her loud screech and tackle but you feel nothing and look inside seeing no one in there. You frown as you enter her office and look at her messy desk, you smile at how she will never change. You scan her paperwork and look at her messy handwriting, you notice that she has her experiment papers lying around and you start to read thru them to catch up on what you missed. You are unaware of the door opening and having someone yank your arm making you panic for a second.

"What the hell are you doing in here, you are not aloud on these premise." The man shouts but of course you don't hear anything and couldn't read his lips because he was speaking too fast. 

He hauls you out holding your arm as you try to pull away. "What are you doing in a higher ups office?" He asks but you are too distracted and frighten that you don't even realize he is talking. He squeezes your arm tighter and shakes you. "Oi brat i asked you a damn question answer it now!!!" he says making your eyes widen.

"Levi what are you-" Mike gets cut off when he sees you.

"Y/N what are you doing here already?"Mike signs to you as Levi stares in confusion on What Mike is doing with his hands. 

Since the Man is still gripping your arm you look at Mike for help in which he quickly looks at Levi.

"Levi can you let her go, she needs her hands to talk." Mike says making Levi release you.

"I sent a letter to Hanji saying i was coming back." You sign making Mike sigh.

"But you didn't say when Y/N, you know that you always need to tell us when you will arrive in case anything like this would happen." Levi just stares in confusion as he watches your hands move in weird and fast motions.

"I wanted to surprise all you but this weirdo just came in and assaulted me." you say puffing out your cheeks. 

You notice Erwin and Hanji turn the corner and you wave at them smiling. Their eyes widen before quickly making their way to you.

"Hey Y/N it is nice to see you again." Erwin signs to you making you smile.

Hanji tackles you to a hug in which you let out a little yelp. 

"You are here finally!!" Hanji signs as she jumps up and down.

"Can anyone care to explain what is going on?" Levi says as you all stare at him.

"Levi this is Y/N, Y/N this is Levi." Erwin signs and speaks at the same time. You nod and sign back to Levi by sliding your hand on top of your palm and bringing your hands together in a fist but both your index finger are pointed out.

"She said its nice to meet you."

Levi stares at you before speaking. "So she can't hear." 

You read his lips and nod your head and begin to sign. "Yes i am deaf, it comes in handy especially when Hanji is ranting about Titans, i can easily just nod and pretend i know what she is saying." You smile and let out a giggle when Hanji stares at you in horror.

"Y/N that is evil, why are you so mean to your big sister." She sign making everyone chuckle.

"Can anyone explain?" Levi interrupts again making Mike interpret. 

Levi raises an eyebrow, "You have a sister Hanji, she looks nothing like you?" Hanji nods and smiles as you do the same. 

"We get that a lot, but i'm not crazy like her so don't worry." You sign in which Erwin interprets making Levi's mouth twitch. 

You turn to Erwin quickly signing him something in which he nods. "Levi she wants you to learn our sign names in case she needs to ask you where we are at." Levi nods as he stares at you.

You point to Mike as you sign his name, Mikes sign name was dog but signed with the letter M. You explain the reason making Hanji laugh and Mike smirk. 

"Mikes sign name is dog but with the letter M." Hanji explains making Levi smirk.

You then point to Hanji and bring your hand forming an H up to your head and swirl it around next to your forehead making a crazy face. Levi didn't need and explanation for Hanji's name it was self explanatory. 

You point to Erwin and bring your hand up forming an E up to your eyebrows and trace over one of them. Erwrin frowns he never liked his sign name, Levi smirks more as he didn't need and explanation for that sign name either. 

"What about me? What would my sign name be?"Levi asks as Erwin signs to you.

"I have to get to know you better in order to give you a sign name." you sign making him stare at Erwin.

"She has to get to know you before she can give you a sign name." Ewrin says making Levi nod.

"Well i look forward to get to know you brat." He says sticking his hand out to you in which you shake while you sign same with your other hand.