16 - The Last Gig

Start from the beginning

Louis and Clem had enough time to share a drink, before it was his turn to dominate the stage. There was a mahogany piano set up on the small stage, which made Clem wonder how it managed to be placed there.

Soon after, the dread heads voice came through the microphone. "Hello ladies and gentle-ladies!" He playfully announced, and got an eruption of whistles and claps from the awaiting audience.

"Today I'll be playing a piece that I wrote myself. It's dedicated to my wonderful girlfriend, who's here with me tonight!" Louis also announced.

The response from the crowd was another applause and cheers. But, there was also some interested whispers, discussing who the mysterious girl could be. Lucky for her, no one noticed her hiding at the back of the bar. Other than her boyfriend, who was making solid contact.

Breaking the chatter, Louis spoke down the microphone again, "Thank you, I hope you enjoy." Which made the crowd go quiet, waiting for the music.

With that being said, he positioned his hands on the ivories and began playing a tune. It was one Clem had heard before, but hearing it played in public and dedicated to her was a new experience. It was a good feeling.

Feeling like only seconds went by, there was an end to the delicate tune. The audience erupted into a proud applause. Clem was quick to join in, standing to her feet and clap loud and hard. From the stage, Louis drowned out everyone else's clapping because only Clementine mattered to him.

Seeing the reaction to his talent made Clementine so proud. It's like her heart could burst from the sheer amount of proud she held within it.
It was yet another reason to be proud of her boyfriend. Starting with the fact, that she can call him 'hers'.

Louis

After the gig ended, Louis knew that the plans weren't over yet. He still had many plans for the night. The last night, before Clementine goes to California.

In Louis's borrowed pickup truck, Clem was confused as to where they were going next.

"So, what's happening now? Because it doesn't look like you're taking me home." She said, peering out of the window watching the scenic roads go by.

Louis laughed, replying with "You are correct. I thought we could do some stargazing, if you want?"

Clem gasped, in pure excitement. "Oh my god, yes!" She squealed.

Louis clenched his eyes at the high pitch noise. "Alright woman. You are gonna make me deaf before we get there."

The girl snorted, amused at her boyfriends reaction. "Sorry. I've just never done anything like this before."

"So then, I get the pleasure of being the first one to stargaze with?" Louis flirted, wiggling his brows at her while concentrating on the road.

She giggled her heavenly laugh, before saying "Yeah, I guess so."

Not long after, the truck came to a stop just off the empty highway. There were no people, cars or even animals around the place. That meant no distractions. 
Going down a dirt track, they soon arrived to a clearing. There was a spot that was cleared out from any trees, which meant it was surrounded by some brush for the couple to get some privacy. There would be absolutely no one around, other than the couple.