2 - Georgia, USA

Clementine POV

Standing outside of Marlon's house, the group of four teens were ready to get into his pickup truck and head for the airport. They tried to pack lightly, but still had a large number of bags between them all. They had all the important things for the next few months. Clothes, personal hygiene and lots of spare space for souvenirs.

"So, we are getting a hotel in Georgia for the night and flying out of the country the morning after?" Violet questioned the group, confused as ever. The plan was far from simple.

Marlon nodded. "Yep. I'm not driving in the early hours of the morning to rush to the airport. So, we will be bunking up for the night." He said while loading the bags into his truck. Mullet boy was stuffing the bag into the car, forcing it to fit before slamming the door on it with a sigh of relief.

Clem piped up, "I'm actually from Georgia. That's where I lived before moving here."

Violet was interested in the other girls admission, and said "Cool. Maybe you could show us around when we arrive?"

Marlon quickly interrupted that idea with, "Guys, there won't be any time for USA sight seeing when we have a plane to catch in-", he checked his watch "-15 hours."

Clem's mood was quickly deflated, knowing she wasn't able to show her friends the area that she grew up.

Louis pulled his girlfriend aside, upon hearing the conversation unfold.
"You and me can go around the city tonight. You show me where you lived and made childhood memories." He reasoned, sounding excited at the idea.

"But what about the flight? It's at 8am. And we also need sleep, or did you forget about that?" Clem tried to reason.

"So? We can sleep on the plane, it's a 7 hour flight or something." He retorted back, grinning.

Clem eye rolled so hard she thought she saw her own brain. "Fineeee." She finally gave in.

"Great. I'll meet you in the hotel lobby at midnight." He whispered and kissed her cheek before heading to Marlon and helping him with the remaining bags.

Clementine was left there, alone, smiling to no one but herself. Knowing that her boyfriend wanted to see her hometown made her admire him even more.

"Let's get this party started and hit the road." Marlon announced once everything was packed. It was a few hours ride, but it would be fun. The journey to Georgia begins now.

In the car, the three teens were arguing about the music choice while Marlon was the one driving. In the end, they decided on the iconic Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. It's iconic, don't argue.

Queen was Violet's favourite band growing up, as her parents always listened to them.
Louis began to join in with the song. His voice was definitely not in the right octave to be singing this song, but he couldn't care less. It was an amazing song, he's enjoying himself and wants to lighten the mood in the vehicle.

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away

Clementine and Violet started to join in too. The high notes were either missed or butchered by the teen's bad singing but it made Marlon laugh.