I became so defensive, I don't know why. "You can't blame her. She missed her daughter."

"And she was the reason the girl most likely ended up like that. It makes me think, why she even had Jessica?" he replied back with so much interest and authority in is voice clearing the air like he is right. "Why are you so defensive?"

I honestly don't know. Doesn't make sense because I want to abort my own child. Ignoring that I further asked, "You think aborting Jessica was better?"

His eyebrows rose, he leaned on the table, his back not touching the chair anymore. Putting his hands on the table he kept gazing at me for a moment before sighing. "It's a story." He seemed annoyed by my question.

"Still, tell me." I pressed, biting my lip.

"What's up? After one month you're talking to me that also about deaths. Are you ok?" His eyes pooled with concern, his voice lacing with worry. I shoved the spoon in my mouth, chewing into it as slowly as I can to take time to think. While chewing I kept glancing at his way once in a while to see him watching me carefully like I was some prey.

I gulped down some water after eating my food, putting the glass on the table. "Umm, I'm fine. I just wanted t--" I paused, fidgeting with my hands. "-to talk about books. I do that every time I read something. It's ok, I'd stop then." I stood up from my chair, picking up my plate first then my hand reached out to get his when he gripped my wrist, drawing my attention towards him.

"Look Jaanvi, it was just a story. But in real life my answer would be a no. I wouldn't want anyone to do that. I mean it doesn't matter if the kid was a mistake or what, it happened and now they should gladly accept it you know?" It was so soothing to see the words slip out of his mouth. The way he said it with his softest voice and his eyes showing how sincere he was. It broke my heard even more.

"But Jessica w-w-was going to die anyways, so?"

"It doesn't matter." He shook his head, leaving my wrist. I held his plate but stood in front of him. "Memories are the best, you know? We learn from certain things. I mean I wouldn't want that to happen to an--" It wasn't his words or his maturity. It was the way he said it. The calmness, the low rumble of his voice is comforting.

I didn't want any betrayal and I was probably going to give him one if I keep it to myself. So I say it. I confessed it. I admitted it as bravely as I can.

"I'm pregnant." I cut him off, putting the plates down on the table. I stand on the same spot, in front of him looking at his face with a serious expression in my own. His head snapped towards me, raising his eyes at me with a smug smirk.

"It's only January the 7th Jaanvi, April's gonna take forever to come. You should have waited then." He laughed, his head falling back on the chair. "Not happening and not true. Nope. Can't believe it. You've seriously gone mad. First ignoring me for what? Thirty one days and now 'oh Kiaan I'm pregnant,' come on, I'm not sup--" He was mimicking my voice, laughing but his face fell seeing my stony cold expression. He stood up from his chair, his chair making a loud annoying scratchy sound.

He bored into my eyes, looking at me with a blank face. "No. Y-you can't be serious? Are you?" Well, I wasn't expecting that. I just shrugged my shoulders, looking away from his dark gaze. "But it's not possible."

"Condoms aren't hundred percent safe Kiaan!" I wanted to hit my head on the wall, I wasn't expecting this as an answer. Definitely not this.

"So you ar-On my god! I-i-I'm going to be a freaking father?!" He screamed on top of his lungs, his face falling into a beautiful smile which I didn't want to break but I knew I had to. A huge smile played on his lips, giving his dimples out on display to me. I gulped down the fear of what I'd say next and how he's behave. "Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! I-I'd have someone to call me 'Papa?' Oh god Jaanvi!"