26

Here we are with other chapter that I actually did proof read.

Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyy

-Clair

—————————-

"Mr.Love's office, Yué speaking."

"It's me Yué." Tanner's voice boomed through the speaker of my phone in my office

"Hey. What's going on?" I questioned slightly concerned, "you need me down there?"

"No...but you might want to talk to Anthony about our fellow co-workers right about now."

These insolent bitches at my job won't give me a damn break even if I begged for it. It was like we were all in high school again with the childish games they were pulling. The amount of rumors they've started about me-I've lost count of. I didn't understand why they were trying to get under my skin so damn bad, but today would be the last day-I was letting Tony know that I was resigning.

"What is it now?" I groaned already typing up my letter of resignation

The line went silent for a couple of moments leaving me anxious in my seat. I didn't know what was going on, but I was sure that it couldn't have been worse than what's already been said about me.

"What's going on Tanner?" My voice held a lot more concern as I asked him again

It was as if he was scared to tell me what it was, "Check your e-mail hun.."

I wasted no time clicking through my computer and opening up my office e-mail account. My eyes scanned through the multiple e-mails I received this morning until it landed on the one I really didn't want it to be.

"Office whore..." I whispered lost for words at the pictures they had of me

Two of them dressed in red lingerie that are a year old and apart of a photoshoot I did for my modeling troupe in undergrad. The third was of Kyle and I when Tony dragged me to his basketball game two months ago. The photo looked as if they caught us in the act since he was kissing my cheek and holding both of my hands.

"I'll talk to you later Tanner.."

I could hear him sighing lowly on the on other end of the phone, "you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine."

Quickly, I hung the phone up not giving him much of a chance to respond.

Why was I getting this treatment? What did I do to get painted as this person that I'm not?

I was always kind to everyone and never started any trouble unless I was provoked by someone else. The mastermind behind this hadn't even been employed here for a year, maybe six months at best. But she was doing all of this for God knows what.

Anthony
MANDATORY meeting right now! 13th floor conference room. You miss it, you're as good as fired.
Received 1:14pm

I threw my head back in my seat hoping this was all one bad dream, "fuck...why is this happening to me.."

Before leaving my comfy office I swiftly typed up my letter of resignation with all intent to quit right before this stupid meeting that I'm almost 100% sure is about me anyway. No need to attend the meeting if I'm no longer employed here. I wasn't sure how Anthony was going to take it, but I honestly didn't care at this point. We hadn't spoken since Saturday after our argument about going to Miami this weekend.

Stepping out of my office was agonizing and nerve racking to say the least. I planned to make a detour at Tony's office and go straight home directly after. I had no interest in the storm that would soon come of this shitty day. Every step I took moving forward felt like I was getting closer and closer to my demise. It sucked, but I had to do this for me.