1

"Mr. Love's office, Yuè speaking."

I continued to type up this morning's meeting notes as I answered a few phone calls.

"Good morning I have an 11'o clock meeting today with Mr.Love." A familiar soft feminine voice touched my ear drums through my ear piece.

I clicked over to todays calendar of meetings and events on my iMac computer. Scanning for an 11 o'clock appointment, my eyes landed on it.

"Ms. Lane; Correct, he will still be awaiting for your arrival." I responded kindly

"Actually, I won't be able to make it." There was a brief silence on the line before I heard a small sigh, "Listen Yuè just tell Tony my mom will drop Charlie off at 5 okay?"

I released a small sigh before responding, "I'll tell him Ms. Lane."

"Thanks so much Yuè."

As the line went dead I continued to type up these notes and have them printed before this conference call ends. The day just got started and it was already becoming a drag. I didn't know if I should fake sick and leave or lie about a family emergency and leave, either way I just wanted to leave. An assistant job to one of the biggest producers wasn't the worst, but at its moments it had its low points; especially during exams. I guess for a graduating senior this would seem like the greatest opportunity ever to most at my age.

I mean I made good money, had my own office, my own condo, and I don't even have my degree yet. I was lucky to even land this job, thankfully for a great recommendation letter from my band director. College at Clark Atlanta University was slowly coming to an end for me. I was finally about to receive my BA and MBA in only 21 more days. Thank God I went through with my five year program, finishing it in only three; I was exceptionally grateful to finally be out of that shit hole.

I stood from my white rolling chair and straightened my red blazer before grabbing my freshly printed notes and stepping out of my office. The 25th floor was pretty quiet today which is pretty normal for the most part. There were only 4 offices on this floor. The CEO, Mr.Love, VP in communications, Mr. Allen, assistant to Mr. Allen, Cassie Brooks, and assistant to the CEO, moi- Yuè Kordei.

Walking past Mr. Allen's empty office due to him being in a meeting on the 23rd floor's conference room, I made my way over to Mr. Love's office. Slightly knocking twice I awaited a response.

"Come in."

My red bottom heels clicked against his hardwood floor as I walked in sending a tight lip smile in his direction, "Good morning Mr. Love."

He looked up from the documents that were scattered across his mahogany desk as his eyes met mine, "Good morning Yuè."

He walked around his desk and took a seat on the corner of it gesturing me to come forward but I declined and stood a few feet away from him, "For the past two years you've been working as my assistant you still act as if I bite or something."

He let out a small chuckle causing me to mentally roll my eyes, "Trust me, I'm not scared or intimidated Mr. Love. I just prefer to keep a distance; the last assistant got the boot for a reason right?"

He nodded his head at my sly remark forming a smirk on his caramel face, "Touché Kordei. But that wasn't really my choice if we're being open about it in discussion."

"Well then we just wont discuss it sir." I grabbed the three page notes I typed and printed and handed them over to him, "Those are the notes from the 9AM meeting, Mr. Allen's meeting should be wrapping up shortly and Cassie is sitting in so I'll have those notes for you by noon. Also you have a meeting at 1:30 with Mr. Carter, and your 11'o clock cancelled. Questions?" I stated releasing a small breath