Chapter 9 | Unbinding Loyalties

A/N: This is a purposefully SHORT chapter!

"When it comes to it, who all will you push away?"

Julius's POV

I don't know how long I sat there; just that a bunch of people had come and gone.

And I had a horrible talk with Jezebel's parents... who'd left soon after saying they 'couldn't bear to be here'.

Whatever the hell that meant, I don't know. Their child was in the hospital, they should be here. The thought made Chaos and I growl.

Don't worry, we'll take care of them later for abandoning Jezy.

I stared blankly at the wall and didn't realize I was panting until a hand cautiously touched my shoulder. I blinked and looked up to see a doctor giving me a sympathetic gaze.

"Julius calm down she's still alive." He said and my eyes widened.

"What?" I croaked out.

"She's barely there, but she's holding on." The voice sounded far away as I rushed into the room and to Jezebel's bedside.

She was bandaged up and lo and behold, she was breathing. A whimper escaped me and I grasped her hand as I felt tears of joy filling my eyes.

"If she makes it she'll probably have to go through some therapy, she'll most likely be pretty traumatized from the experience; especially because it was her mate that did it."
The doctor explained but I couldn't help but focus on one thing. I let go of her hand and fixed my gaze on the doctor.

"If she makes it?" I couldn't contain my growl. "There's no ifs, you better save her or I swear I'll—"

"Julius." I stopped at my mother's voice and glanced to where her and Alpha Kaden were standing in the doorway.

Looks like news finally hit HQ.

"Look at what he did." I hissed instantly turning my anger on them. They looked to Jezebel but avoided my eyes. That only pissed me off more.

"I told you. I told you something was wrong with him now LOOK AT WHAT HE'S DONE TO JEZEBEL!" I snarled at them.

My eyes flitted to Jezebel as her heartbeat monitor started racing and my words died in my throat as I gripped her cold hand and felt emotion clogging up in my throat.

"I'm sorry if I scared you. It's okay. You're gonna be fine. I'm here." I whispered to her and brushed her cheek with my free hand before moving some hair away from her face. Her heart rate slowed back to normal and I smiled weakly.

"There's my girl." I sighed.

"You need to calm down." Father said and I whirled around to face him, my anger sparking to life at his belittling tone, before marching to him and glaring into his eyes.

"Why don't you go out and find your fucking son?" I spat and my wolf was howling in anger.

"Julius—" he said laying a hand on my shoulder.

I wrenched away from him and shoved my hands against his chest, pushing him back into the hallway. "Don't fucking touch me." I snarled. "You have no right to lay even a finger on me. You're not even my dad."

He regained his footing and glared back, his eyes flashing blue.

"Julius!" My mother gasped in shock and I ignored her and glared at the Alpha.

"What? Everyone says it! But I guess you two are so caught up in La La Land that you don't see the fucking obvious!"

"You have no fucking idea how it is for you to grow up and everyone whispering about you. Mocking you because of your mother's mistakes!" I snarled and ignored the hurt expression flooding my mom's face.

"You better watch yourself boy." Alpha Kaden growled lowly and I scoffed and bared my fangs as I smirked and gave a bitter laugh.

"Fuck you." I spat.

Alpha Kaden snarled and punched me in the jaw and I returned the hit. We scuffled a bit but soon Mom was tearing us apart.

"Stop it! What the hell are y'all doing?!" She yelled and I rubbed my bloody nose and looked away from her.

"Get off." I growled and shook her hold from my arm.

"Find your kid and stay out of my way." I spat at both of them, ignoring the Alpha completely, and glanced over my mother before gripping the door handle.

"I tried to warn y'all... whatever blood Alex spills next will be on your hands. Just... stay away from me." I growled and shut the door leaving my parents outside.

"It's alright Amelia..." Alpha Kaden's voice was cut off as I closed the door.

With a huff I turned the lock and went over to stand beside Jezebel.

Her heartbeat was strong and I smiled softly before kissing her forehead.

A frown twitched at my brow as I heard my mother crying but I forced it away and pulled up a chair beside Jezebel's bed. With a sigh I sat down and laid my head against the mattress. My hand took hers and I smirked as it squeezed mine gently.

I'll be updating when I can. Hopefully it will be soon!

Peace,

Kay

🍁