Chapter 11| A Broken Foundation

"Blood stained the sinners hands."

Julius's POV

My eyes peeled open to see a bright white light blinding me and I groaned at the massive headache that came crashing down on me.

"Alpha?" A woman's voice chirped sounding surprised.

"I'm not... Alpha yet." I managed to grumble as I blinked against the light.

"Yes, of course, Julius. Are you fit enough to sit up?" The voice asked and I squeezed my eyes shut tightly before opening them and finally I could see... somewhat.

I looked at the blurred blob beside me and after a lot of blinking my vision cleared. Her brown-gray wavy hair was tied back in a long ponytail. Her green eyes looked at me with slight worry.

"Julius?" The doctor before me prompted and I gave her a look before sitting up and wincing at the pain lingering in my abdomen.

"How long have I been out?" I said clearing my throat as the words caught in it.

"A week." The doctor said and her voice sounded troubled.

"What's happened?" I asked and she gave a sigh.

"Alexander... some pack members left to join him... the pack was divided on who should be Alpha and after days of decision, roughly one-hundred pack-mates have joined Alexander."

"One-hundred?" I growled. The doctor gave a nod.

"Don't think too hard on them Julius, surely some had bad intentions, but quite a few left only to protect the Apha's s—" she quickly cut herself off and went silent, her face turning a tint of red. I looked away from her and bit back a growl.

"The Alpha's son. You can say it, I'm not Kaden's son, everyone knows that... still Alex attacked members of his own pack; his family, he almost killed.." I grumbled.

My eyes widened. "How is Jezebel?" I questioned snapping my gaze back to the doctor and she flinched slightly.

"She was unconscious for a long while. But she's healed nicely..." She said trailing off and I scowled.

She's hiding something. Chaos growled.

"What else?" I asked and she gave me a saddened look.

"Her wolf took over... she hasn't shifted back in days and she won't mind-link or communicate at all. I've only heard about this type of thing on a few occasions. She's practically feral. She hasn't left the room, but we've changed it to fit her needs. She's fed every morning, midday and night; her room is cleaned periodically throughout the day—"

"I've heard enough." I growled and instantly the woman stopped. "She's not some wild animal."

"I didn't mean any offense." She breathed finally as I stood.

"My parents?" I questioned and she sighed.

"The Luna is very depressed... I've given her some medication; she hardly leaves her room. The Alpha... he sent others after your brother, but he's been very preoccupied trying to calm your mother." The doctor said and seemed to be choosing her words carefully.

I sucked in a breath before blowing it out. "Has Alex attacked?" I asked and the doctor nodded. My chest tightened for a moment.

"Yes. Three days ago. Some were with him and fought as well, but they retreated... though we lost about a dozen of our own. It was horrible seeing some family members fighting. Austin, my son, ran into his cousin on the battlefield, luckily no blood was shed between them." She said looking solemn.