Chapter 42| You Still Doubt?

"The flames burned away all impurities... I suppose."

Julius's POV

My eyes snapped open and I sucked in a breath harshly before a groan slipped out of my throat. Rain pattered on the ground and I blinked it out of my eyes.

Breathe dammit. I spat to myself as I coughed and heaved; still feeling as if I were drowning. Finally after a bit I got my breathing under control and sat up with a grogginess that I had to quickly shake off.

Fuck all of this. My head pounded and my chest felt tight. So many emotions where swirling thorough my head in a deadly tornado.

But now was not the time for fatigue.

I bared my fangs as Alexander stalked towards our parents.

A howl resonated from me and lightening crisscrossed the sky and I growled as it struck behind me. My paws twitched and I rushed forward my fur glowing with the flames starting behind me. As I ran I saw the red flames were following me.

I shrugged it off as just my imagination and charged at Alexander.

He turned and his eyes widened as I launched myself at him.

Kaden's POV

Amelia trembled in my arms and I held her to me as I watched Julius and Alexander continued their fight.

Julius had gotten up. Thank Goddess.

He rose his head and howled, lightning flashed and then there was fire. A deep red blaze gripped the grass, fighting against the rain. My eyes zeroed in on the flames and Julius who stood in front of them, his blue eyes flickering with the reflection of them. But what caught my sight the most was that on the right side of his face his outer fur had turned white with splotches around his eye as well the tip of his right ear.

For a moment four wolves surrounded him at his flanks. A scarred old she-wolf with dull eyes, a large grey male with a dark mark across his face, a black fierce-looking male with glowing gold eyes, and lastly a small young fire-pelted she-wolf pup whose pelt seemed to glow like the sun; all looking ready for a fight; all glaring at Alex. And with another flash of lightning they were gone.

Then Julius was charging towards Alex and my mouth slacked open as the flames followed. My grip loosened on Amelia until my arms were at my sides and my throat ran dry.

"I doubted him." I whispered and Amelia looked up at me with shocked eyes.

"He really is my son... why hadn't I seen it before..?" I croaked and Amelia frowned.

"You weren't the only one." She breathed and clasped my hands.

Short chapter.

Next update soon.

Kay