Chapter 8 | Chaos

This chapter is a little choppy so BEAR WITH ME PLEASE.

I was having writers block.

"Try spending a day with her, trust me, you'd fall in love too..."

Julius's POV

"What you—Jez? What happened?" I questioned as I entered her room to find her sitting on the edge of her bed whimpering with tears running down her cheeks. She quickly wiped her face and gave me a weak smile.

"Oh I'm fine." She said her eyes glistening with tears. I bit back a growl.

"What happened?" I said sternly and she looked at her feet before shrugging.

"He won't even look at me and... it hurts." She said grabbing at her chest and I clenched my jaws.

Be the better person. Be the better person.

"I can get him for you if you'd like. He's probably just in a mood." I said inwardly kicking myself.

She looked at me and as much as I hate to admit it the anticipation and excitement in her eyes was like a painstakingly slow stab to the heart. And with every second the knife went deeper.

"Really?" She asked and the knife came out only to repeat the process over.

"Yes. I'll go now." I said with a small smile and the knife plunged all the way through.

"Wait. It's late and I'm really tired. Can you do it in the morning?" Jezebel asked and I gave a nod.

She let out a long breath and began to pull the covers up over her but then she stopped and looked at me.

"Julius?" She said in a questioning manner.

"Yeah?" I responded and she looked at her hands before glancing back to me, her eyes glistening.

"Can you lay with me?" She asked and I felt my stomach churn.

"Sure." I said and tried to be indifferent as I climbed into her bed. Though, that indifference immediately faded as she laid her head on my chest.

My arms wrapped around her waist and I hoisted her on top of me. She gasped and snuggled against me and a possessive growl begged to rumble in my throat but I forced it away.

The last time we'd laid like this was right after... well never mind that now.

I scowled at the ceiling as she cuddled up against me and her head ended up in the crook of my neck. Her hair was soft against my chin and the sweet scent of it was flooding my nose.

Mine. My wolf huffed.

No... not ours. I replied and my wolf growled then whined and faded back into his hiding place.

I wished she was though. Her breathing slowed and soon she was asleep. I combed my fingers through her hair and my throat clogged with emotion.

I opened my eyes to the light of day peeking in through the windows and I grimaced as I saw Jezebel still asleep on top of me.