Chapter 41| I'll Tell You Why my Heart is Dark

"Don't look under your bed for monsters, instead, look at the people you pass by on a daily. Them. You. Us. Man: thats the biggest and most dangerous monster of them all."

Julius's POV

Abruptly I was in a dark house. Fear shook my body and I stared in front of me. A lovely woman with bright blue eyes held my shoulders, blood graced the corner of her mouth. I reached up and wiped it away and she gave me a sad, adoring smile and cupped my hand to her face momentarily.

"Listen to me Arthur. They still think you're human..." Something crashed through the window and I looked frantically around.

"Where's Violet and Mika?" I asked and my wife smiled solemnly. Darkheart...

"We're here Papa!" I opened my arms and hugged the young twins, a boy and a girl who had their mother's eyes, to me.

"I'll distract them—" I began.

"Arthur—"

"Dammit Lucille; run. Take the kids and run." I snapped. She gave me a sad look but nodded.

I gulped and nodded them towards the side door before going to the front and opening it. My heart fell as I saw numerous people standing in black, holding guns and other weapons.

"What seems to be the issue?" I ask making sure to cover the bite on my neck.

"Arthur is it? We know what your family in there are. They're werewolves and it's our job to get rid of them." The man said and I scowled.

"They haven't hurt anyone—"

"Let me go!" A yell rang out and my heart pounded.

"Lucy!" I yelled and rushed towards her, but was quickly subdued by the lot of Hunters.

I gulped as they brought her forward and I glared at the man holding her hair.

"Papa! Mama!" Tears brimmed my eyes as they dragged the twins as well.

"Let them go!" I yelled.

Lucy growled and lunged towards the children, but it all happened so fast. Two bullets was all it took and my children fell to the ground. Lucy wailed and my heart clenched in disbelief.

"My babies! My babies!" She said in an eerie screech and tears streamed down my cheeks. Her screeching abruptly turned into a howl and she broke free of the hold and shifted into her brown wolf, tearing into the man that had killed our children.

In the commotion they let me go, turning their attention on my wife.

It took more than five men to hold her down and a damn lot of bullets to end her life, but they ignored me; not noticing that I was changing as well. Rage swarmed through me and abruptly I was pelting towards them with a vengeful howl.

"He's turned!"

"Watch out!"

My jaws wrapped around a neck and I ripped someone's head off before biting into the closest person and slashing into his abdomen.

Yells rang out and gunfire clashed as I tore into whoever I could, growling out my sorrow and anger. Relishing in the blood I was spilling. For my wife and children; all for them. But what would it solve? It wouldn't bring them back...

I chased them towards our backyard pond, blood coating my fur, my mind ablaze with the thought of killing as many as I could. I followed one into the edge of the pond, jumping for his throat...

Pop!

Pain riddled my spine as a bullet ruptured my back and I landed in the pond with a splash.

"Serves you right. You monster." The man spat and sloshed around me as I floundered.

Monster? You killed my family. You're the monsters; you damn humans—hunters. Damn you—damn you all.

I couldn't move as I tried my best to get out of the water, but the pain was too great and soon water was seeping into my mouth and nose and I sputtered and my lungs screamed for air.

My body wouldn't listen. I couldn't move. I kept sucking in more and more water, by then I could taste my own blood that had spread and mixed through it; my eyes finally dipping in passed the surface as well. I was choking—drowning really— and the crimson-turning water lapped into my ears as my head dipped lower, exhaustion finally taking hold.

At least I'd see my family soon.

I'll update soon.

Her Blood LostOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara