Chapter 43| Hell Is Here to Stay

"So here we stand, brother against brother; in a tale that should never have been told."

Julius' POV

Alexander stood in front of me eyeing me with disbelief in his eyes. Blood and mud and wounds marred our bodies.

I soon had realized that these flames were mine and I didn't have to try much to get them to circle us; caging us in. The movement was strange but not hard to do; it was almost as easy as breathing.

My brother looked wildly at the ring of fire blocking us in before looking back to me his jaw slack.

"Don't you see?" I asked him as the red flames licked at the ground around us. He watched me with wide eyes, the rain plastering his pelt to his body.

"I am your brother. It's proven now; without a doubt. Stop this... brother please stop." I said and Alex glowered at me.

"No. This proves nothing. It is still my right." He said shaking his head aggressively.

"I am Father's son." I said desperately.

"You are not my brother!" Alex spat and thunder rumbled. "You are nothing to me! Nothing!" He continued and a nasty storm began to brew.

"I'll kill you! I swear I—Aaaaaauuugh!" Alex howled as lightning struck him and I backed away in bewilderment and horror as he stood there screaming. He finally stopped and his fur was riddled with little ripples of electricity as he gave me a fanged smile, thick dark blood oozing from his eyes and mouth and nose.

"Come on brother! You and me. A showdown of the gods!" Alex snarled and lightning rippled with every word, cocooning his body and bouncing off in erratic directions.

"I'll show you. I am the strongest!" Alex spat and I growled and charged forward.

Why? I thought as I lunged at him.

On contact our powers seemed to merge for a moment, fire and electricity dancing across our bodies before the flames won and Alex crumbled under me, the lightning and fire now gone as the harsh rain drenched us from above.

Why must we fight?

My jaws closed around Alexander's throat and I held on until he went limp. I let go and looked at his slumped body on the ground. Rain matted his pelt to his body, making him look fragile.

Why did I have to do this?

So fragile... so small...

I'd killed my brother.

Even if he was crazy it still made my stomach churn horribly and my tail dragged the ground as I turned back towards my parents.

Monster. Monster. You monster.

"Julius! Move!" Ian charged at me and I looked behind me in bewilderment as Alexander hurled himself at me and instead of hitting his target, me, Ian jumped in between and met him head-on.

Powerful jaws wrapped around his neck and Alexander let out a pained yowl. With a snarl Ian tossed Alex aside and he hit the ground with a loud thud and splat in the muddy buildup.

Ian stepped away from Alex and shook the blood from his snout, his body trembling violently.

"I—Ian... How could you—I'm your best friend." Alex gasped and my lover's tail lowered.

His legs gave out and he came to an abrupt sit beside Alex, hunched over his body. For a moment he was silent except for quiet sobs.

"My best friend would never do this..." Ian whimpered with a spiteful tone in his shaking voice as he stood up and made his way to me, ignoring Alex's raspy pleas. He shifted into his human form and slipped on the clothes Father handed him and huffed as he said, "You were attacking my mate."

"Oh... really? You and Julius?" Alexander said with a weak supposed-to-be-a-chuckle. "Took you... long enough..."

I growled and made my way over to my brother, ready to give the killing blow and end all this.

But could I really do it?

I stared at Alex's eyes and abruptly I got my answer.

For the good of my family: I would—

Even if I didn't want to.

But what must be done, must be done.

I stopped as blood dripped into my eyes, blinding me and abruptly I wasn't me anymore.

Around me screams echoed and blood caked in my nose; wounds stung along my body. The scent of fire made its way into my nostrils along with the horrid smell of burning flesh. My stomach churned as the wind billowed my fur harshly and then I was falling again after dragging Amar down with me. I gasped harshly and tried to wash the blood from my eyes but then the harsh water had my body in a state of panic; too afraid of drowning.

I was frozen standing there. My muscles twitched and emotions rushed throughout me; my heart thudding against my ribcage. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't see. I could only smell blood, burned flesh, and smoke.

Make it stop. I wanted it to stop.

Please...

The Four Comings... more like the Four Curses.

Just make it all stop.

Author's Note

Do you think Julius will:

Kill Alex?

Or

Let him live?

I've already got the rest of the book finished,
I'm just wondering what my audience thinks.

The final chapter will be uploaded tomorrow morning 21DEC2021 (The Epilogue)

The epilogue may include a part 2: if so this will be a teaser for the next and final book of the 'Her Wolf Alpha' series: 'Her Rising Glory'

It's been a nice ride guys; I know this book has been much and it still needs some editing, but I'm more than grateful for you all and I'm glad that I've finished this book as well.

Peace,

Kay

🖤