"What are you talking about? I don't have a clue..." Judy tried, but the creature just gazed at her and she immediately realized he had caught her lying. Still, she persisted in an attempt to learn something more. Whatever it was...

"But what are you doing here? How did you manage to bypass the guards? How did you get in there?" Judy asked, now more cautiously. Whoever this hedgehog was, it was clear his capabilities should not be underestimated.

"I'm Shadow." The creature slowly spelled his name. Still, his sight pierced, as if he was somewhat annoyed by Judy's questions. In fact, Shadow knew the moment had come. The Agency had already made numerous attempts to take possession of the little One...

"Where do you come from?" Judy's curiosity was immediately provoked. She had managed to establish contact with this mysterious creature. Why not ask him a thing or two?

"It's complicated..." Shadow spoke , after a short silence. Judy fell silent as well, as she felt uneasy. Obviously, Shadow did not like talking much. Just a few words, sometimes a sentence or two, but no accurate details...

"Concentrate on what's really important..." the hedgehog spoke again. "You are about to face THEM for real..."

"Wait a minute! THEM!? You're talking about the Agency!"

Many questions rose in Judy's head. Who was Shadow actually? From where did he know so much about her and her family? How did he manage to find them? Was he aware of the Agency's true plans and if yes, would he be so kind to share?

After all, the Wilde family was a victim, subjected to the agents' constant threat, attacks, ambushes and murder attempts. Wouldn't it be fairly to explain this to a victim?

Moreover, Shadow behaved in a strange manner. In fact, he was able to read Judy's thoughts and managed to "see" all her questions. He semi – closed his eyes and sighed.

"Proceed carefully. THEY have already prepared the stage..."

Now, the hedgehog sounded a bit funny. Life itself was one big stage, on which everyone played and did their best in order to achieve their goals. Here, certain regulations existed. They were established in order to preserve the balance of life. Except the rules, created by zociety, the so – called written laws, there was also a Law Common to all. The Natural Laws. The rules of Nature. Despite its primitive appearance, these rules were followed by everyone.

But still, his tone was quite serious. What did he mean by mentioning "stage"? The Court? The scenario? A thousand possibilities!

"What do you know of the Agency?" Judy asked, burning out of curiosity.

"All I know is they're after Violet..." Shadow whispered.

The last one made Judy freeze surprised.

"How do you know that I have a daughter? And how do you know who she really is? Have you been spying on us?" Judy asked, as she felt fury engulfed her again. This hedgehog had mentioned her daughter! Judy hoped he could find a reasonable explanation....

"I just know her." Shadow spoke.

"Listen... Nobody messes with my daughter... the ones who had tried had either got what they deserved or had sealed their fate..." Judy spoke, as her fur bristled.

"Perhaps you should learn to heel..." Shadow noticed. "Overconfidence and fury could be your greatest enemies on the path ahead..."

Judy sighed. Of all else, the least she needed was another enemy. She decided to act more amicably.

"Sorry for the hostile behavior." Judy spoke after a short silence. "But we cannot trust anybody, even official authorities... It appears, those "agents" are everywhere."

Judy felt strange. She shared to this mysterious creature, not even knowing him. What if he appeared to be one of them agents? What could have happened then? Wrapped in her thoughts, Judy did not notice Shadow, who approached and left something on the stool next to her. After that, he just disappeared and disturbed the lamps' work for a while.

Judy stood still for several minutes. For the hedgehog she had encountered was unlike anyone she had seen before. His very presence weakened your senses and even sanity. Still, this time, Judy had managed to overcome his influence. Was it because of the sharp emotions and feelings Judy had had at the same moment? She did not know. However, she knew one: She would fight for her family and friends till the end.

All of a sudden, Judy hustled up. She found herself in the corridor again, but no sign of Shadow. Judy looked around, but he had disappeared... She sighed and prepared to enter the kitchen. But before she could do it, she spotted the small object on the stool in the corridor. Judy gazed upon it and recognized...

"A carrot?" Judy looked at it puzzled, but picked it up quickly. She examined the object with interest, when she accidentally pressed a secret button...

"Marrie!"

"Hello, Mira!"

"Hello, Dear! How are you?"

"Oh, not so fine..."

"What's wrong?"

"Well... financial obstacles, you know... how about the deal?"

"Hahahah, straight to the point! Don't worry, you'll get your money, just be patient, Dear!"

"Oh.. I don't know whether to be patient... I highly doubt if it is going to be a success..."

"Don't worry, we've anticipated everything... the rabbit won't refuse to testify, and the cursed Old Rat is confused well - enough. We'll manage..."

"OK, since you're so sure..."

"Believe me! As for your money – they're safe, in this briefcase!"

"Reaally? *Gasp* Lemme take a look! ... Ohhhhh, they're mine! MINE!"

"Let's finish the job first, shall we?"

"I'm ready!"

"Good girl!"

........ /

The recording ended. Judy was shocked. So... this was the "stage" Shadow spoke of...

Thoughtful, Judy entered the kitchen.

"Good morning, Judy, Dear!" Jessica greeted her.

"Morning!" Judy spoke and took a look at her watch. It was 10:00 already! No more time to waste! Judy quickly ate her breakfast and went to take a shower. During the whole time, the words from the recorded dialogue echoed in her head...

Soon, Judy was all prepared. She looked at her costume for one last time and then stood, waiting...

Not long afterwards, Nick came out of the bedroom.

"Nick..." Judy looked at him. "Please..."

"Judy, Honey...." Nick gasped. "I wish you good luck! I'm sure everything will be fine..." he tried to comfort her, but he also realized the potential risks, which could hide behind a situation like her's...

Nick hugged his wife. The hug was warm and soft, and long enough...

"Nick... I have to go...."

"Good luck, Dear... and..... take care!" he spoke. Judy nodded and went out of the apartment.

She did not notice a figure, which followed her noiselessly....