Do You Think This'll Help Me?

⋆ฺ。*:・ Y/N L/N ⋆ฺ。*:・

Birds, are just hollow words, flying along

"Y/N! Y/N wait!" Stanley was shouting as Eddie and you stepped outside of the Hanscom house.
Eddie turned around, giving both him and you a knowing look.
"What's up Stanley." You tried to come off cooly, but you just couldn't. You were...still in...shock? Was that the right word for it?
"What kind of gentleman would I be if I let the ladies walk home by themselves?" Stanley asked.
Eddie laughed. "You'd be a green one."
You all laughed at his reference. You pulled out your Walkman and started playing a That Green Gentleman (Things Have Changed). Eddie didn't even seem to notice Stan calling him a lady.
"I wanna go where everyone goes!" Eddie sang
"I wanna know what everyone knows!" You sang
"I wanna go where everyone feels the same." Stan finished the lyrics.
"Damn Stan. Hit those notes." Eddie joked.
"You need to stop hanging around Trashmouth so much, I think he's rubbing off on you." Stan said.
You started laughing so hard, tears began streaming down your face in thin strands.
Eddie joined in, and so did Stan. Eddie was leaning on you to keep himself up, Stan was three seconds from falling on the ground and dying of laughter.
That's when you guys turned into Neibolt street, and there it was. 29 Neibolt stuck out like a sore thumb among several, non-terrifying estates.
The laughter stopped immediately. You all went as quiet as trees during winter, only small breaths coming out of you.
Eddie was quickly using his aspirator, causing a high, thin wailing sound. It almost sounded as if he was whistling.
"Hey, hey. You're okay." You whispered comfortingly. He nodded. This place didn't just give you the creeps. It gave everyone the creeps.
"How can somebody even live on this road?" Stanley wondered aloud.
You shrugged. It was so...so creepy here. There was no other word for it.
Eddie dropped his pills, and you all scrambled to help pick them up, hands and knees.
You picked up five of them and handed them to Eddie, who nodded as he reached for a red pill that was far away from the rest.
"Do you think this'll help me? Eddie?" A new voice asked, only it sounded sick. The three of you looked up to see a leper, his face coming off. Red slots where his nose should be, hair coming out in thin and straggly strands, uneven and lopsided features on the rest of his face.
Eddie yelled out and fell back on his hands. Stan and you dragged him up to his feet, eyes never leaving the sickening creature in front of you.
The leper began chasing you, it wasn't very fast, but it was just fast enough to get you guys running slightly.
You kept running, and soon found yourself in the 29 Neibolt's yard, panting. Stan came up to you, Eddie following.
A triangle of red balloons...
"Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit." Stanley kept muttering. You felt a pain on your wrist and fingers, you realized Stan was gripping your hand quite tightly. This wasn't like back at Bens, when it was kind and sweet, this was scared. It felt as if he was holding onto you so tightly, nothing could harm him or you.
The balloons popped, causing the grip on your wrist to tighten, it felt as if your bones were about to crack, but they didn't.
As they popped, Eddie flinched and scrambled slightly.
Standing behind where the balloons popped, there was a clown. Tufts of orange hair showed behind a receding hairline, a creepy smile painted on this clowns features. Stan's grip loosed slightly.
"We all float down here Eddie." The clown said. Suddenly, it gave off a terrible, shrill, high laugh that made your insides tighten.
You screamed along with the boys, Eddie and Stan began scrambling wildly to get out, dragging you along with them.
"Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit!" Stan was no longer muttering, but screaming.
"Go! Go! Go!" You yelled. Once you had left 29 Neibolt, you bolted. "Fuck—Go!"
•~*•~*•~*•~*
"Greta?" You asked in disbelief, noticing the blonde in front of your steps.
"Y/N..." she said slowly, dragging your name out. A tear rolling down her cheeks. "C-Chloe."
Your mood changed from frightened to scared. "What's wrong?"

727 words (not including this shit)