XXV

The summer sun pours down on us

The summer sun pours down on us. Staying out much longer would result in an awful sunburn -and no tan cause I'm unlucky. But I ignore the heat, instead focusing on not tripping over the twigs scattering the ground.

It's been a few months since we last came here. And I feel terrible about it. I promised myself I would come at least every other Monday, but I skipped a few.

Finding the headstone isn't difficult, I could walk to its location with my eyes closed. Once I get close enough, I drop to my knees.

I'm not sure what to say. Do I apologize for not coming in a while? Do I try to make up an excuse as to why I didn't visit?

"You don't have to apologize." Violet tells me, a soft smile on her lips. "They're your parents. They know you love them. They also know you've been busy."

Klaus nods his head. "Yeah! You graduated Saturday! You've been working hard and you finally got your degree." Yeah, I did. After four years, I finally graduated with a teaching degree.

"I know." I sigh, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear. "But I still feel awful."

Lilian groans and plops down next to me. "Don't. The way to remember and honor your parents isn't to make it a chore of coming to visit them. Come when you're sad or happy. Come when there's no other place you'd rather be. Come when you need. They understand. They'd want you to visit when you want to, not when you feel like you have to."

I nod at her words. She's right. My parents wouldn't want me to have to feel like I should visit them. They'd want me to visit when I need them.

"So, are you going to tell them?" Sunny asks, a wide grin on her face. "Or can I?" Glancing over my shoulder to Klaus, he nods his head at his little sister. "Ellie and Klaus are getting married!"

Violet snorts. "If only the wedding was sooner. We could be done with planning already."

"Hey! I asked you and Lilian if you wanted to be co maids of honor. That comes with a price."

"I just didn't realize the price would be watching you decide between chocolate cake or cheesecake."

Super short and took me a while. But next chapter will be the big day. So be prepared.

Also high key happy the next part of CAOS was released today cause now I can use more gifs.

Any other suggestions for chapters y'all want??