XVI

Fall. It was Ellis' favorite time of the year. It was a symbol of change, regrowth, that sometimes you had to shed your skin to become a better person, that it's okay to take some time to improve yourself. Of course, at four years old, she loved the season because of the pretty colors. But as she grew older she found a deeper meaning.

Klaus knew this. Being five at the time, he was intrigued by the blonde's love for the season. Which is why he asked her to marry him on the fifth of October.

"Why do you wanna marry me now?" Young Ellis scrunched up her nose. "We can get married when we're older."

Klaus rocked back and forth on the heels of his feet, a dandelion plucked from his mother's garden resting in his hands. "Cause then we can spend more time together." His cheeks burned at his confession, and Ellis giggled.

"Okay." The girl agreed. "But only if we can have Orange Sherbet ice cream for dessert every night." Klaus smiled widely.

Later that afternoon, the wedding was held. All the parents snickered at the children. So young, yet there was already a deep connection between the two.

Violet, having recently watched a movie with a wedding, declared herself the minister. It was a short ceremony, and soon Ellis was pressing a kiss to Klaus' cheek and gripping his hand tightly.

As the sun disappeared and the adults -and Violet, who wanted to design a new invention- retired into the house, Klaus and Ellis sat on the back patio. "When we're older, will you still be with me?" Ellis gazed at the boy next to her.

Klaus smiled. "Of course. And we'll have a giant library and a freezer full of ice cream!"

Chuckling, Ellis leaned her head onto his shoulder. "Good. Cause I don't wanna be with anyone else."

So I'm currently at my grandparents and don't have Netflix so I can't remember how the rest of the episode goes, so here's a cute little flashback until I can write the next chapter.