X

Double update. Read the one before this.

Flashback

Seven year old Ellis King was running around, hand filled with a pile of whip cream

Seven year old Ellis King was running around, hand filled with a pile of whip cream. When the adults tried asking her why she had it, she merely ignored them. Only one thought was on her mind: finding Violet Baudelaire. A week before, the older girl had found her favorite doll. That was also the same week the brunette had learned to use scissors without adult supervision. Ellis screamed when she walked in on her best friend giving her favorite doll a haircut.

After that horrific moment, the young blonde decided the best way to make sure it never happened again was to get revenge. Being so young, she only knew two ways to get revenge. Tell the person's mother or smear whip cream in their hair. The last she had learned from her cousin, who with two brothers was always seeking revenge.

So that's was she did. While Violet was trying to find a new thing to build, Ellis snuck up behind her. Very quickly, she rubbed her hand along the top of the brunettes head. The whip cream tangled in her hair.

Violet shrieked, dropping the materials onto the carpet. When she turned and found her light haired friend giggling, she jumped to her feet. "Ellis! You butt!" Still laughing, Ellis sprints out the room, racing down the stairs to hide behind her mother.

"How could you do this?" Ellis halts on the last step, watching with wide eyes as Bertrand shouts at her father. Violet, not seeing her friend stop, crashes into her, and the two tumble onto the floor.

The adults quit their yelling, turning to look at the girls. "Ellis! I thought I told you to stay upstairs." Jeanette chides her daughter.

"Why was Bert yelling at papa?" Ellis hurries to her father, wrapping her tiny arms around him.

Ronald sighs. "It was nothing, Ellie. Go back upstairs and play with Violet and Klaus."

"No." The Kings turn to Bertrand. "I don't want her anywhere near my children, not after what you did."

Jeanette grabs her daughters hand. "Could we not talk about this in front of the children? Please."

"There's nothing more to talk about. You gave the location of the sugar bowl to Olaf. You've been lying this entire time!" Ellis jumps as his voice increases, moving to hide behind her father. "You were never on our side. You were always with them."

Ronald pushes his daughter further behind him. "I did what I thought was right! Your side of the schism has always been corrupt."

"What about your daughter?" Bertrand questions the man. "She can never be safe with Olaf around, no matter who's side you're on."

"Everything I've done was for my family. To protect them. Jeanette and I wanted to raise Ellis in a good world, a safe world. And being a part of your side isn't going to do that."

The two men glare hard at one another. "Get out." Jeanette sighs at her friend. "You are not welcome here anymore." Ronald scoops Ellis into his arms, holding onto his wife's hand as they exit the living room.

"Papa, what about Klaus? And Violet?" Ellis asks her father. "I didn't say goodbye."

"Sorry, Ellie. You won't be seeing them anymore."

"Why?"

"They aren't your friends anymore."

Okay so some of you were commenting on the last chapter bout how Ellis should've gotten sick. That wasn't my original plan but I'll add that next chapter. I wasn't really sure if I should just cause I know I personally get annoyed when the main character is always the one in trouble or something bad always happens to them, but I'll change it now that I know you guys want me to.

Also I know I've been posting like every day but I probably won't be able to again til like Saturday or Sunday. And after that it most likely will only be once or twice a week. School starts back up on Monday but I'll update when I can.