196

This is how it went down: Eva caught the flu. Eva gave it to Sissy. Sis being as clingy as she is gave it to Jack. Jack's smart and knows someone needs to take care of them. Because of this he decided not to be an ass and give me the flu.

Child puke everywhere. They're too young to know how to get to a trash can or toilet. You know what I did? Called the nurse. She immediately thought either Jack and I relapsed but I told her otherwise. I don't know what to do! She said to give them sprite for stomachaches and crackers so they can keep food down. I now remember how awful getting sick is.

I asked if I needed to do anything else and she said to give them love. I thanked her and went to the store to buy these things, right after calling work to explain.

By the time I got back Jack was in the living room getting his sick germs everywhere instead of getting sick germs on the bed.

I gave Jack and Sis the sprite and crackers, but Eva was asleep so she had to wait.

They all were sick for three whole days. We waited a day after, that way their bodies had time after the flu. After that, we all went to the doctor for flu shots. I was fine, I don't care. I hated being sick that one time. Jack looked away and squeezed my hand so hard it turned white.

The girls had reactions I didn't anticipate. Genesis's reaction was pretty normal to her. I expected her to be absolutely terrified and resist, but all she did was shake and bury her face in Jack's chest so she couldn't see. I had to hold her though so she'd stop shaking. She cried a little afterwards, but she's five.

Eva was crazy. I honest to goodness thought she would not have a problem with it at all. She's so brave and independent that I thought today wouldn't be different. She was kicking and screaming and nearly kicked a nurse in the face. Jack and I both had to hold her down and Sis held her hand.

They both got holographic bandaids. Then Sis got a Ni Hao Kai Lan sticker and Eva got a Backyardigans one.

This has been the hardest five days of my life. I am eternally grateful for the nurse for taking care of me that time ago.