129

I wasn't told this happened, but apparently my parent's wrote a note for me. Obviously the nurse was in on it and that would be one of the first steps to being permitted to seeing them without the fear of it screwing up my recovery. The note also came with a photo so I get to remember what they look like.

Before even reading the note I stared long and hard at that photo. My mom had long, frizzy blonde hair. That's where I get my fluffy hair then, which I've been paying more attention to since Jack pointed it out. Her eyes were green like the glow of the dragon when it glows in the dark. She was also super pale and had soft facial features.

My dad had light brown hair and dark green eyes. I haven't paid attention to my eyes enough to remember their coloring, but my hair is the same shade of brown so I think that's where I get it. His features are almost as soft as my mom's. He's got a normal summer tan.

There's a girl there that looks around the same age as me. I asked the nurse who she was and she told me that was my younger sister. She's identical to my mom, but her hair is more curly than frizzy and has heavy eyeliner, making the glowy eyes stand out a lot.

The note began with their names. My mom's name is Sophie, my dad's is Henry, and my sister's is Bailey. There were three parts to the note, and Bailey's made me happy. She acted like a friend instead of someone who had a brother is a mental institution.

She told me that we had a brother/sister band called Baby Guns and we both sang and did our own instruments. She played variations of string instruments and I was into percussion and even played flute. She also told me how she was engaged to Luke, who has been her boyfriend since high school.

It was obvious my parents did know exactly what to say, but knew they wanted to say something. They told me I was diagnosed with schizophrenia at fourteen but then something they couldn't talk about at the moment triggered it to sprial. They were proud I got out of the bottom and that they loved me no matter what.

After reading I was told I was supposed to write a letter back. My first thought was to tell them I was still at bottom, but this is my parents and sister, I knew it was not the best thing to talk about my sex life.

I found writing a response to Bailey was the easiest because she truly acted like nothing was different besides distance.

The first thing I obviously talked about was Jack. Any opportunity I get to brag about him is a perfect opportunity. I said how we've been together for about six months and I'm lucky to have him. Then I asked almost anything I could about both her fiance and our band.

When writing to my parents, I only briefly said something about Jack. I then said something about how I can't wait to meet them because I can't exactly remember a lot. I also said that even if I don't remember much, I can feel the love in my heart for them.

I then asked the nurse if she could take a picture of me and Jack so she can send it to my parents. She told me she knew I'd ask so she made sure to give me this stuff at a time when he wasn't busy so I could get him. And that's exactly what I did.

So now I know more of my family, and my family knows things about me.