187

While Jack and I were walking Eva and Sis to school, they were asking if a girl could come over after school.

We asked who this girl is and instead of a name, the first thing they said was that she's a second grader. I feel cool for them.

Then we were more specific and asked for a name. Her name is Joline and she has a Hannah Montana lunchbox and wore a tiara to school yesterday. Apparently she just moved here and it was her first day.

Jack chimed in and said we would have to meet her parents first and then maybe she could come over.

The end of the day rolled around and we met Joline's dad Dennis. He seemed like a great guy and he kept cracking jokes about having to move away from all the cousins. Jack laughed, but I don't get it.

Apparently he told Joline the same thing we told Eva and Sis. Now that we have met, its fine and he told Joline he'd pick her up at 4:30 and Jack wrote down the address so he could.

Once we got back and the three girls were in the playroom, which is the third bedroom, I asked what was so funny about the cousins joke and he started laughing again.

Eventually he told me that Dennis and Joline moved here from Alabama and a big joke for Americans is that people in Alabama "fuck their cousins" I asked why and he couldn't explain it besides the whole thing about them being red necks.

He had to explain what rednecks were too.

To sum up Joline staying over, she got the girls into a show called Maya and Miguel and now Genesis wants to learn Spanish.