chapter twentyone

It isn't exactly repeating, is it?

Samaria

"Have any of you talked to Bonnie today?" Elena asked checking her phone for anyone texts or calls.

Jac and I shake our heads no. It was Monday morning and we were walking towards the school from the parking lot. It was Jac, Elena, Myself, and Caroline. I know that's not grammatically correct but I would never put Caroline Forbes before myself. I know we're supposed to be cordial and what not, but she pissed me off at practice last week so...screw her.

"No, I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move" The blonde says matter of factly. I roll my eyes.

"Be the bigger person" Elena encourages, though it falls on deaf ears. Caroline all but humphs.

"Impossible in her presence" Elena sighs.

"You sound like a stuck up child" I say, examining my nails with a bored expression. Jac snickers beside me.

I can feel Caroline stare on the side of my face. I look up and raise an eyebrow.

"You gave her the necklace, so it became hers. Now you want it back and you're mad because she won't give it back because it now belongs to her, and she can do what she likes with what is hers" I put emphasis on my last few words. Caroline tried not to show herself shrinking backwards.

"Let her get up" Jac muttered.

"Okay then" Elena begins trying to diffuse the tension. Caroline tries to shakes it off, but I know she took my words to heart.

"We tried, we're officially out of it. This is between you and Bonnie" Elena told Care, gesturing between herself, jac, and I.

"Never said we were in it" Jac huffs while rolling her eyes.

Caroline ignores her, deciding to change the subject. She turns to me.

"So, how's Stefan? Where is he?" I raise an eyebrow at her eagerness but ignore it nonetheless.

"He's great and he's around somewhere. I don't keep tabs on his every move, he's a big boy" I shrug whilst swiping my hair over my shoulder.

"Right. It's the same with me and Damon too, if I'm being honest" Caroline adds sticking her nose in the air.