chapter three

"As perfect as my lipstick"➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Frenemies.

Frenemies. A person that is friendly toward another because the relationship brings benefits, but harbors feelings of resentment or rivalry. They wanna see you do good, but never better than them. Never regret being a good person, to the wrong people. Your behavior says enough about you, and theirs in return says enough about them. Always pay close attention to the people who don't clap when you win.

Elena

Samaria Griffith stood up for me. That's a sentence I'd never thought I'd say. Samaria Griffith, my rival, my enemy, my arch nemesis stood up for me. I mean forgive me for being surprised, but we've hated each other since middle school. Well I hated her first and she kind of just returned the feelings.

I don't even know exactly why I started hating her in the first place. I guess it was because of how she was the new girl and instantly had everyone bowing to her feet, her aura demanded attention whether it was purposefully or unintentional.

She had a confidence that made her stand out from others and a demeanor that made people quake in fear. Her and her sister seemed to have more of an impact on the town than the mayor or the sheriff ever could. Not to mention her sharp wit.

And those are only her character traits, we haven't even gone over her physical traits. Pretty much the moral of the story was I was being a jealous bitch because I didn't have the guts or the confidence to stand up and not care what people think like she did or does. She's just perfect and I despised her for that and I continued to do so all the way up until now.

So, how can I say anything remotely bad about her when she literally just saved me from embarrassment and skipped class for me?

That's the thing, I can't. It's time to swallow my pride, put my big girl pants on, and thank her.

We're currently walking down the empty hallway, I'm not really sure where we're going, but I don't care. I turn to look at Maria.

"Why did you stand up for me? I mean, I thought you hated me?" I ask curiosity shown as my expression. Maria shrugged.

"I did it, because nobody deserves to be spoken to like that, especially about their dead parents. Trust me, I know the feeling" Maria scoffs with a roll of her eyes.

"Well, thanks" I praise quietly looking down to my feet, until I hear a sudden growl. I look up to meet furious grayish blue eyes.