chapter thirteen

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞

Samaria

"I'm fine Damon!"

"No you're not, you're spiraling" He corrects causing me to scoff in disbelief.

"I am not spiraling, okay? Samaria Griffith does not spiral" I roll my eyes sassily. Damon gives me a blank stare.

"So are you going to tell me why you're spiraling or not. I've only got all of eternity and well, how ever long you can live" Damon gestures for me to speak. I pout with puppy dog eyes.

"I am not spiraling" I huff when he gives me a stern look.

"Fine, last night when I told you that I was upset about Stefan wasn't partially true" I begin softly. Damon rolls his eyes with attitude.

"Could have never guessed" He replies sarcastically.

"It was because I let Elena call me the nickname only my parents used to call me. And I told her it was okay, but I can't help but feeling the dull ache of guilt that's eating at me, so much that I feel like I'm gonna throw up when she says it" I rant before taking a deep breath.

Damon nods taking everything in.

"Then tell her the truth" He advices simply, lifting my feet to stand up.

I stare at him gobsmacked.

"That's it, just tell her the truth?" I ask in disbelief, Damon shrugs chugging the remains of alcohol in his glass.

"Yep, because until you tell me what's really bothering you, there's not much I can say" Damon shrugs again before strutting into the kitchen. I rush after him.

"What do you mean tell you what's really bothering me? I just did" I snap in frustration.

He goes to the fridge to get out a blood bag.

"No, you told me what you think is bothering you, but deep down you know that's not it" He tells me continuing to pour the blood into a glass.

I rake my hands through my hair trying to understand what he's saying.