chapter twelve

𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 101

𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 101

Samaria

I'm not going to say it, but I'm going to say it. This party is depressing the hell out of me. It literally puts the press in Depression. I don't know why all of sudden a wave of grief and sadness has washed over me, but it's smothering me. I feel like I can't breathe in this room, in this party, in this house.

The urge to jump up and run out the front door is like a lump in my throat. I sit up straight in my seat trying to maintain my calm, cool, and shadily collected facade. Which probably went out the window an hour ago as I gulp down glass after glass of champagne. I convinced myself that I was freaking out because of Stefan and his plan, but I know that's not the case.

Ever since I let Elena call me Sam I can't help but feel this guilt eating away at me. Every time I hear her say it I want to throw up. I mean I know I literally told her that she could, but I couldn't tell her no. I honestly just want to go home and wallow in my grief.

I stand up from my seat and straighten out my dress. I scope out the crowd trying to look for anyone who could give me a ride home. I would leave by myself but Stefan drove me and seeing as I refuse to speak to him, I need a plan b.

The first person I spot happens to be the older brother of my green eyed boyfriend.

"Damon!" I call to him interrupting him from whatever conversation he was apart of. He takes long strides over to me.

"My dear Aria, how may I be of service?" He mocks with a sarcastic smirk. I stare blankly at him.

"I need you to take me home" I tell him watching as Caroline eyes us carefully from the other side of the room.

"What, why?" Damon asks genuine concern lacing his voice. I look back at him.

"I need to leave, I can't be here anymore with these..." I trail off glancing around comfortably folding my arms.

"People" I grit out through a clenched jaw. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

I frown up at him, pleading him with my eyes.