chapter eighteen

𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 Part 2.

Third Person

Elena Gilbert is sitting on the porch of her family's two story Victorian styled home. She lifts from her seat when she notices the younger Salvatore brother walking up to her house.

"You're bleeding" Elena gasps two seconds away from rushing to get a first aid kit. Stefan lifts up his shirt to show the already healed wound.

"Of course" The brunette mutters credulously.

Of course he's fine, he's a damn vampire for crying out loud. Wow, and I was about to get a first aid kit, the browned eyed beauty scoffed humorously to herself.

Stefan peeked up at Elena before hurriedly returning his gaze to the ground, a guilty ridden look upon his face.

" I couldn't stop her- I mean I tried..." The green eyed vamp paused, swallowing thickly. He nervously scratched at the back of his neck.

"but she uh she completed the transition" Elena nodded slowly taking everything in.

It was silent for a few moments before she decided to break it by clearing her throat awkwardly.

"So what do we do, what do I tell Jeremy and Matt?" She asks concerned for the people she cares about.

Elena wraps her arms around herself as a chilly wind breezes past them.

"I'm going to find her and show her that she can live like I do. I have to make sure that she doesn't hurt anyone. I promise that Jeremy and Matt will be safe"  Stefan declares confidently with a small assuring smile.

Elena offers him a tight lipped smile in return.

"I believe you, after all you are the vampire here" She jokes attempting to lighten the mood.

But in just a few seconds Elena's smile turns into a frown as a thought about a certain island girl comes to mind.

Just as Stefan was about to walk away the teenage girl calls his name. She waits for him to meet her eyes before speaking.

"You should go and see Maria- or at least...call her you know. Tell her that you still care" Elena suggests  to the boyfriend of said friend. Stefan looks away shamefully.

"I would, but I can't-

"You can, whether or not Maria would like to admit it, she depends on you for comfort and support and while she's going through another tough trial in her life...you're ignoring her" The brunette reasons throwing him one of her infamous stern looks.

"I know that you may be...scared- hell I'm scared, b-but we can't let that disable us from staying strong and doing what we need to do" Stefan's eyes burn with unshed tears as he listens to what he needs to hear from the female Gilbert.

"You're neglecting her Stefan, she doesn't deserve the way you're treating her and I know that I don't really know you that well but this doesn't seem like something you would normally do" She finishes watching the broody vampire take in everything she said.