Chapter Twenty-nine II

Chapter Twenty-nine II: Life-Changing Scenarios..

Well,

It's been two weeks..

Two whole crappy weeks with no concrete news from my baby..

Two whole weeks of living in splendour and abundance (I can't say I'm complaining about that tho)..

Two whole weeks of having to endure the Bonnie and Clyde episodes.. Right now, Kyla's presence is beginning to look more appealing than anything else, and that should call for alarm..

All we've heard are rumours that she's been living with the boss guy..

David Arden.

The Dumontes seem to believe the rumours, though.. Roxy's father never passed the opportunity to taunt her with the whole drama.. That the girl whom she brought to their house was a spy who was sent by the Ardens to ruin the Dumontes.. That they trusted her and let her into their house, and she turned her back on them and went with the enemy.. That Endra is a social climber desperate to be on top of it all.. That Roxy should have been more alert and conscious to have detected it all, but she let her feelings and emotions get in the way of her rational judgement..

I don't believe anyone of it.. I know Endra, and I know Roxy, very much so.. No one knows them like I do, not even themselves..

Fed-up, Roxy packed up and left with the cute driver she's being seeing to only God knows where. I'm sure she think anywhere is better than being around with her father..

But I always say, you can't always believe the rumours, can you?

I just hope Endra's alright wherever she is.

I'm going to say a silent prayer for her, right after I slurp up the entire content of this banana smoothie..

Yum!

****************************************************************************************

Alessandra

"We're going to see my Grandfather today. Look.. –he gave my entire existence a once over– ..presentable", he completed and strode out, leaving me in the penthouse with no other company but Cross.

Me?!

A huff of annoyance escaped my lips as I forced myself to look anywhere else but through my right vision.

My right vision which held the composed structure of the annoying grey-eyed man.

The annoying grey-eyed man who was once my boss.

The same one whom I'm now engaged to.

And I have this emerald stone to show for it, I turned my ring finger around and the rays of the midday sun hit one of its fragments. It obeyed and sparkled elegantly.

Christ! 150,000 dollars, that's the cost of my worth in six lifetimes..

This is a lot..

A whole lot to manage, or take in..

I can't.. I don't know if I can continue this at all.. I'm not even the least bit emotionally ready to get hooked to someone in holy matrimony.. Not even someone as deadly and stony as this man..

The car swerved to the right at a junction, causing my thoughts, body and vision to go along with the movement.

I caught sight of him, sitting as still and poised as ever, like nothing on earth could phase him. A strong emotion that I couldn't pinpoint (could be anger, or something worse) continued to roll off of him in full waves as he scrolled through the tablet in his grasp while he conversed through the Air pods in his ears. I'd blocked his richly accented and charming voice a long while ago before we got into the jeep. I was beginning to get fed up with him and the whole drama surrounding him.