Chapter Thirty-four I

Chapter Thirty-four I: The Final Phase..

Endra was going in and out of consciousness. It was a big struggle to keep her eyes open for more than two minutes. She feared she must have suffered another concussion from the damage Ophelia had done to her. It felt like she had put all her anger and frustration into that single act. Endra couldn't blame her for that.

Okay, maybe she did blame her. A lot.

The lady in white, Ophelia, had grabbed a handful of her hair and banged her head against the concrete beam several times because of David's accurate declaration that he would never have anything to do with her, not in this life and not in a million more lifetimes to come. He further went on to say that being with Endra was a hundred times more bearable than having her as the only other human being on the planet, in more arrogant and impolite sentences. Ouch! Then, David had looked at her with as much pride in his eyes as someone would look at a Bentley he purchased with his hard-earned money.

Even if Endra didn't survive long enough to actually get married to the arrogant bastard, she had known at that moment that he was approved to marry her. But then again, now wasn't the time to be riling up the person who had all of their lives at the tips of her fingers. Or don't you think so?

Just then, Ophelia grabbed Endra's hair again and used it to raise her to her feet. Endra groaned in paralysing pain. Her limbs weren't really working at the moment. For the first time in her life, she realised that having long hair is a disadvantage that could cost the termination of her life's contract. It was a wonder that the lady in white supported the whole of her weight with just that single hand in her hair. Endra felt insulted because she knew she had a lot of weight on her, especially in the right places. She didn't weigh 64 kg for nothing.

A red liquid began to trickle down Endra's forehead just as she began to feel really dizzy and wobbly on her feet but Ophelia steadied her. She felt a cold metal on her back and realised after going off and on that Ophelia had pointed a gun at her.

"Take another step and I'll put a hole in her heart", Ophelia tried to stop David when he began to move to Endra's rescue. David ignored and continued to approach the pair. From an onlooker's point of view, it looked like he really wanted to have her killed so he could get rid of her once and for all. Ophelia took two steps back in retreat, dragging Endra along as her shield. She was her ticket out of the mess she created.

"What the fuck, man! Stay still or she's going to kill my sister!", Ferdie screamed.

"That's rich coming from you, murderer!", he grounded back. "I don't care if she dies, I'd very much like to get rid of this nuisance"

Ouch!

Endra 0, David 10..

The two men glared down at each other. One trying so hard to resist the urge to smother the other with fiery cold eyes while looking down at the other. The other looking like he'd really love to stick it up the place where the sun doesn't shine, in hopes of finding out if someone had beat him to it.

"Uhm, hello?", Ophelia called impatiently.

No response. The two men continued to stare down at each other. Ophelia grew impatient and shoved Endra into the column once again, putting her into a final state of coma. That got their attention, and it was a terrible mistake because it made her vulnerable and opened her up to danger.

When she realised it, it was too late.

David and Ferdie subtly nodded in agreement, over Endra's passed out figure on the concrete floor. David ducked to shield Endra as Ophelia pulled the trigger. The curly haired boy on the other hand, spun around and flung a pocket knife into the guard's thigh behind him, distracting him for a bit while he expertly retrieved his gun and slit him with the same knife in his thigh. He shot a few bullets into the distance as he fell to the ground and rolled to safety. The shots were followed by a loud bang, then another and numerous others. And it continued like that for a while.