Prologue

A little boy hid inside his room, a small smile graced his lips as he worked on his drawing. It was a small portrait of him and his mother, both clad in hero outfits, his own sporting the mighty colors of white, red, and blue, All Might's colors. Just like many others, the number one hero was his idol. Having just turned four years old, y/n was waiting for his quirk to develop. He wondered what it would be.

His mother's quirk was impact absorption. She could easily take a huge blow without getting hurt, as long as she released the power of that impact before it becomes too much to handle. She was a well known pro hero, and y/n was so proud to have such a strong mother. But, although he loved having a pro hero as a parent, he also hated it, as she was always out doing her job, never having the time to praise her little boy who worked so hard for her.

As far as he knew, his father was non-existent in his life, so y/n ended up having to take care of his mom. He often asked about the missing father figure, but his mother would never have the time to tell him about it. She never really seemed like she wanted to talk about it either. Soon enough, y/n had learned that he would never come to know about his father.

After sighing and wiping his sweaty brow, the little boy smiled, admiring his illustration. It was crudely drawn, but he was proud of it, and he hoped his mother would be proud of it too. Now all he had to do was show it to her. He sat up, taking the drawing with him before running out of his room into the living room where he thought his mother would be. "Mama!" He called out, but he received no answer. Looking around, he saw that there was no one there.

"Mama?" He started to look around more, but there was nothing.

As he walked towards the front door to see if her car was still in the driveway, y/n heard noises coming from outside. It sounded like...people? Opening the door, y/n popped his head out, seeing his mother standing there, smiling while talking with someone holding a microphone. Looking around more, he saw a bunch of people, some holding microphones, some holding cameras, phones. It was slightly overwhelming, but all y/n wanted was his mothers attention. So he called out to her.

"Mama!" He ran out and hugged her legs, the interviewers and cameramen suddenly becoming interested in this little child hugging the pro hero.

"Oh! Y/n!" She gave out a nervous laugh, looking down at her son before looking back up at the interviewer. "I'm sorry, it appears my time here is over." She pulled her child off of her leg before heading back into the house, leaving all the excited people with nothing but the sight of her front door.

After locking the door, she sighed, her brows furrowing, her grip tightening on the doorknob.

"Mama?" The child called out softly, sensing his mother's tension. She turned around sharply, glaring at the child.

"What do you want?! I was in the middle of an important interview!" She made sure to not yell, as the interviewers and cameramen might still be outside, but her voice was stern, her eyes sharp. The boy flinched, not used to his mother's scoldings. "What was so important that you had to interrupt?!" She huffed out, still glaring at the boy.

Slowly and hesitantly, y/n raised up the paper in his hands, showing her the drawing.

"I..I wanted to show you what I made." The woman yanked the paged from his grip, glancing over it before crumpling into a ball and throwing it to the side.

"A stupid drawing? What would I want with a stupid drawing?!" The boys eyes turned glassy at his mother's harsh words.

"I wanted to make you happy." He hiccuped, trying his best as to not shed any tears. He needed to be strong, he needed to be the man of the house.