CHAPTER 78. BITE THE BULLET

Start from the beginning

But when I watched the video from Kevin‘s phone, I was totally puzzled...

First of all, I had suspicions that the SSC President was the man behind the Zero mask, which is none other than the leader of the Jokers...

I was really sure it‘s him because of his habit of pushing his eyeglasses up with his two fingers, and most of all, the scheme he did to Alexander by using Jaemin as a tool for that...

But then, I just found out that he‘s the man behind the illegal transaction in Marvel High through the video.

Lalo pa akong naguluhan nang makilala ko ang isang lalaki sa video—na siya ring isa sa mga nagtangkang kumidnap sa akin noong Interhigh dahil buong akala ko ay pakana ng Joker ang pangingidnap gaya nalang ng banta nila kay Trevor.

Pero bakit naroon rin sila sa video‘ng iyon?

So, I came to the conclusion that the Jokers might be part of the Krone Mafia all along, since it‘s not uncommon for gangs to be involved with bigger organizations, after all.

Now, my suspicion about Brent came back to me. Even the slightest doubt needs to be cleared out.

That‘s why I‘m here to find out and confirm all these doubts from him. Dahil nasisiguro ko na may koneksiyon siya sa lalaking iyon.

Now, here‘s the answer I wanted to hear. They were acquainted after all.

“Why did you help me that time?” seryoso kong tanong.

Sinabi man niya na former member siya ay hindi ako lubos naniniwala sa kaniya. All of them were great pretenders. Who knows if this is just part of their scheme again?

After all, he followed me that time as if he know something...

“I told you.” he answered. “At first, I thought it was Lloyd who did that for the sake of the game. Pero nung nakita ko si Kurt that time, saka ko lang nakilala ‘yung mga taong nagtangkang dukutin ka.”

“Those were his men... from the Mafia.” he said.

So, they‘re part of the Krone Mafia, after all.

“I swear, I‘m no longer a member...” he said with a serious tone while staring at me directly to my eyes.

“We formed the gang to teach every bullies out there a lesson.” he said. “Pero habang tumatagal, at dumarami kami, nagiging iba ang patakaran namin. I didn‘t like it. Lalo na nang ipakilala niya sa amin ang Krone Mafia.”

“My disagreement against them created a dispute, so, they kicked me out of the gang.”

Mabilis kong inulos ang patalim sa mata niya. Nanigas siya sa kinauupuan habang nakatingin sa akin nang may gulat na mukha.

“Why would they let a person sleep peacefully knowing that he knows a lot of information that might bring them down?”

Huminga siya ng malalim bago nagsalita. “Put the knife down, first. Okay?”

Unti-unti ko itong ibinaba ko ito gaya ng sabi niya.

“Kurt is my childhood friend. Kaya nga napapayag niya akong sumali sa gang na ginawa niya which is the one they called as Jokers.”