CHAPTER 28. FLATTERED, FLUSTERED

Start from the beginning

Kapag nagkagulo edi naipit siya doon? Paano kung nasaktan siya? Tsk!

“Don‘t do that again, do you understand?!” bilin ko.

“Hindi ba dapat linya ko ‘yan?” Tinapik niya ang braso ko, hindi ko napigilang dumaing dahil sa sakit. “See? Paano kung hindi ka na gumaling?” sabi niya.

I bit my lips for a moment as I stare at her. Nilahad niya ang kanyang palad sa harap ko kaya napataas ang kilay ko.

“Allow me to check your arm.” pagpapaalam niya.

I extended my arm to show her. She held my hand... and forearm to check the injured part.

Damn...

Damn it, Khali.

Parang nahihirapan ako himinga.

“Don‘t get involve in fights for the meantime. Let your arm heal first.” bilin niya.

“Are you worried?” I suddenly asked.

“Of course I am!” she answered quickly.

I was taken aback by her response. Napatitig nalang ako sa kaniya.

I thought she was going to deny it. I was planning to tease her but I guess it won‘t work to her. At least it came out from her mouth herself that she‘s worried about me!

Fck. This is...

“I don‘t want to extend my suffering by babysitting a patient like you.” dagdag niya na ikinainis ko.

Patient? Damn, my patience is almost running out! But I‘ll make it more and more longer just for you.

Babysit? What the fck! That‘s bullshit.

Whatever. Hindi ko nalang pinansin ‘yung huli niyang sinabi. Basta, she‘s worried about me, that‘s the most important part!

“Tsk. Why do I keep meeting such idiots?” bulong niya pero narinig ko naman.

Sinadya niya yatang iparinig eh.

“You‘re blunt.” I replied.

She really just say whatever she wants. How daring.

“I‘m Khali.” sabi niya.

Napalingon ako sa kaniya habang nakataas ang mga kilay ko. Her expression remained like the usual impassive one.

Seriously? Is that the right face to make while telling a joke?

I chuckled. That was kind of... cute.

I think I really like this girl.

*♡♤*

THIRD PERSON POV

Hanggang sa makarating si Khali sa kanilang classroom ay napansin niyang nakasunod parin ang hari sa kaniya. Akala niya pa naman ay didiretso na ito sa kanilang sariling classroom.

Despite the commotion earlier, he seems to be in a nicer mood than usual.

Kaya hindi nalang pinansin ni Khali ito dahil baka mamaya ay maging dahilan pa ito ng pagkasira ng mood niya. Ang bilis niya pa naman magalit.