Chapter Nineteen

LUKE

I arrived home to have Brent waiting for me in front of my apartment door. I already knew why he was here.

"So your gonna ignore my calls and text now? That's what we do?" Brent asked rudely. I didn't have time for this. I was already in a bad situation and Brent was all in my face.

"Move out of my way." I pushed pass him and entered my house with him following close behind. After I got a drink, he followed me to my living room.

"Luke don't pretend you don't hear me. I'm talking to you. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" Brent yelled

"I don't have time for this Brent. I need to think. Please go."

"Go? GO? You want ME to go? Why? ALL YOUR DOING US DRINKING. Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that I was the one who got together with my ex when my girlfriend is gone" I was furious and nearly punched him. He didn't even flinch when I almost came to contact. He had that 'Yeah do it. Go ahead, hit me' expression on.

"Sometimes your a headache Brent." I said sitting back down.

"And you can be an asshole Luke". Brent said sitting on the opposite side of me on the couch.

"Now tell me what the hell is going on Luke? We're cool. We've built something here. Your a brother to me. But you gotta talk to me". He was only mad cause I'm not explaining anything to him. He deserves to know. I just had to also make sure that he didn't think that I loved my family.

"I love Bridget and Jason. I had to do this for them."
———————

Brent has just got off the phone with Ashley. He told her everything I told him. The both of them were pissed as hell. It was only expected but they understood why I had to do what I had to do.

"This is absolutely crazy. What the hell is going on? We need to find Bridget" I said pacing the room

"I know that but the cops won't file her as missing until the 24 hours are up. They are working on the case. Who knows how long it'll take them to find her?" Brent responded

(24 hours is just a myth. The police do work right away but in fictional pieces, using the wait of 24 hours is to give suspense to the story.)

"Who says we gotta wait for the cops?" I smile wide. It didn't take long for Brent to agree with me.

"We will start by loooking at th—- urgghhhh Candy's calling" I looked down at my phone. I had her under 'Manipulative Bitch'.

"Don't pick up." Brent said snatching the phone from my hand.

"I gotta. What if it's something important? She is my only connection knowing whether my family is safe or not" I said.

"I get that but what if she's calling about something stupid? Like she wants to go to a party or wants you to buy her something?" He was right. I have to free up my time as much as possible. I need to find my family, no exceptions.

"Your right. I'll send her text saying that I had things to do. If I say work, she'll pull up to the office and if I'm not there, who knows what she'll do" I sent the text and turned my phone off

"Let's do this. We gotta work fast"
————————————-

Me and Jason sat at a dining table dressed in nice clothes. Jason was on my lap and my legs were strapped to the chair, so I couldn't make a run for it. Even if I wanted to, I had no idea where the front door was. This place didn't have any windows but if I saw one it was boarded up.

"Dig in my love. You need your strength. I love Jason here but I want us to try for a girl next." Brent slowly licked his lips. I was stunned. Is here serious?