Steps

Faye:

"Welcome to my recording studio!" 

This is how we are welcomed by Pete. He leads us through the studio, while we admire all the equipment that's standing here in the studio. It looks very professional, it's not just like the equipment for when you sing a bit on stage. Probably it's also expensive, at least it looks expensive, so it's such an honor for us to work with this. I didn't even noticed all that when we were at the audition - probably because we all were far too excited to focus on what this studio offers. "Here's the song." he says, showing us the text. Actually, we could already practice the song, or at least the text, because it was written on the sheet with all the other information. But we keep quiet and instead, we listen to the music that is playing now. It sounds nice, actually. The people will probably like it because it's a good song to dance to. It's like a western pop song with a happy melody and an entertaining text so yes, people would definitely like it. And when I tell the others about my thoughts, our producer smiles. "Good that you mention dancing, because you'll all also dance a bit. In the music video, I mean. Are you talented at dancing?"

We look at each other confused about his question, before H answers with what we're all probably think at the moment. "I thought this is a band? Aren't we supposed to sing?"

"Did you even read the advert?" Lisa grins. "It said 'line-dancing pop group' you know? Line-dancing. Means that we'll dance. Yay!" she adds, seeming to loose her shyness now that dancing was finally mentioned.

"The pop singers in music videos also dance a bit." Pete explains. 

"I can't dance!" Claire exclaims. Compared to Lisa, she seems to be very shy about the dancing factor and not as confident as she was at the audition.

"I don't know if I'm a talented dancer either." Lee laughs. "But I assume it's not mainly about dancing?"

"No, of course not. The people should just be entertained." Pete replies. We don't seem to be convinced at all yet, so he continues to explain. "You'll meet with a choreographer who will show you the dance you're performing in the music video. It's actually simple. Most of the bands who dance learn dancing from their choreographers."

A choreographer, how splendid is that? Singing and dancing on stage, that's exactly what I want!

"Yes, if you can dance." Claire says. She's probably talking to herself, but obviously we heard what she said. 

"As I said, it's a simple dance. And Lee is correct, it's not about dancing in this band, of course it's about singing. Now please, let's practice our song." Pete says as he points at the recording room, telling us to enter for a rehearsal. It's not the room from our audition, but I'm just as nervous as I was at this audition and the others are definitely thinking like me. "So, everyone. Sing." he demands, playing the music. We seem a bit shy while singing and of course we're told to prove our talent and why we deserve to be part of this band. At least we're singing together in a chorus, so it's not that obvious that we're a bit nervous. Lee, on the other hand, is singing a part where he's indeed singing alone, but we all admit that he absolutely nailed it. I truly understand, why he was chosen for this band - but of course the others are also talented, they all deserve their part here. "Come on, guys!" we are told, as the music plays again. We continue to sing until we're told to come and listen to the recording. I admit that it's somehow weird to listen to this song, knowing that it's our debut song as a band. Normally, I was singing just to myself and while I don't know about what kind of songs the others prefer, they look just as pleased as I do. "Really good. I'm proud of your work, though you still need to work on your singing a bit - but you're all really talented. I definitely chose the correct people for this band." Pete laughs at our smiling faces, before continuing to explain us things about the song. That contains the information that we'll perform this song at a show where we're appearing and that we'll be filming the music video in Marbella.